• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is actually a tough decision, but ill pick the man you were going to pick.

Fred Trueman

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
To clarify is going pick by pick unfair.
Hopefully it wont skew the results much. Since the other person has control over the player pool available they can try to make sure the first pick isn't too powerful.

Still one slot available if anyone out there wants to make a late entry.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vs Brumby: one-team men, cricketers who have played international cricket while representing only one domestic team at first-class level

For these purposes, I'll be counting teams that compete in regular first-class (or equivalent for shorter-form cricket) competitions. So minor counties, universities, and Gentlemen/Players are out, but the Pakistani company teams and regional teams count as two, as does the zonal teams and state teams in India.

Happy to delay the start a bit due to any festivities in France

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll go Herbert Sutcliffe

Tim Bresnan XI
03 Herbert SUTCLIFFE
06 Sachin TENDULKAR
07 Fred TRUEMAN

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Could I have waited for this guy, probably

Jason Gillespie

Tim Bresnan XI
03 Herbert SUTCLIFFE
04 Jason nightwatchman GILLESPIE
06 Sachin TENDULKAR
07 Fred TRUEMAN

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bill Bowes, not only did he win the CC eight times but he also sounds like a Dickens character

1. Len Hutton
2. Geoff Boycott
8. Hedley Verity
10. Bill Bowes

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wilfred Rhodes

Tim Bresnan XI
02 Wilfred RHODES
03 Herbert SUTCLIFFE
04 Jason GILLESPIE
06 Sachin TENDULKAR
07 Fred TRUEMAN

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ankitj vs Teuton:
Cricketers named William
Must have a first, middle or last name of, containing, or a direct translation of 'William'.
Oh well I surrendered my toss advantage. :(

I'll start with William Gilbert Grace.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
v honestbharani : Players whose Test careers were interrupted by a World War. So they must have played at least one Test both before and after one of the World Wars.

No Bradman.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
v honestbharani : Players whose Test careers were interrupted by a World War. So they must have played at least one Test both before and after one of the World Wars.

No Bradman.

Well then, can pick the Black Bradman though.. :p

George Headley

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. Ankit, did you not figure out Teuton would have had someone in mind when he said William (or a word that means that) as first middle or last name ? :p