• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football World XI's - Eurpoe, South America, Africa

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Kompany started the season really well but he had a long run of poor form before then. Hummels didn't have a good season at all last year either.

I wouldn't have them too far down the list but would definitely prefer to pick someone from one of the clubs that win everything. Picking Buffon over Neuer is in CW's top ten worst-ever opinions, though.
Haha good to know you are the CW gate-keeper of what is considered good or bad opinion. Will be sure to seek you guidance in the future.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'd probably go something like this.

Neuer

Lahm
Ramos/Pique
Boateng
Alaba

Busquets
Modric

Robben
Silva/Özil
Ronaldo

Lewandowksi
Fair enough, class side that. Probably should have gone for Ramos and Pique at CB in my side. However, I'm curious, why Modric over Pogba?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's just better or at least equal at most things. Pogba's best attribute is his dribbling which Modric is really good at too (Uppercut mentioned how he's basically just as good a dribbler a few days ago), is a similar level defensively, much better controller and playmaker. Pogba's also always had Two of Pirlo/Vidal/Marchisio next to him too. Never even been the main man in a Juve midfield let alone a European XI one. You could do a 4-3-3 with them both and drop one of Robben or Silva/Özil, but I'm not really a huge fan of that idea.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
An attempt at AFC/OFC team:

GOAL-KEEPERS: Matthew Ryan, Kim Jin Hyeon

DEFENDERS: Nagatomo, Reid, AJ Dela Grza, T Salisbury, A Uchida, M Yoshida, D Ismail

MID-FIELDERS: Kagawa, Ki Sung-Yeungn, M Jedinak, O Abdulrahman, M Lugano, Hasebe, Park Joo-ho, Lee Chung-Young, Ali Adan

FORWARDS: Cahill, Honda, Son Heung-Min

-------------------------------------------Ryan-----------------------------------------

De La Greza----------Reid--------Salisbury-----Ismail--------Nagatomo

-------------------------Kagawa-------Ki------Jedinak-----------------------------

------------------------------Cahill------------Honda---------------------------------

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's just better or at least equal at most things. Pogba's best attribute is his dribbling which Modric is really good at too (Uppercut mentioned how he's basically just as good a dribbler a few days ago), is a similar level defensively, much better controller and playmaker. Pogba's also always had Two of Pirlo/Vidal/Marchisio next to him too. Never even been the main man in a Juve midfield let alone a European XI one. You could do a 4-3-3 with them both and drop one of Robben or Silva/Özil, but I'm not really a huge fan of that idea.
Yeah Modric is the best player in his position in the world, you just have to look at how much worse Real look when he is not in the side.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Modric is the best player in his position in the world, you just have to look at how much worse Real look when he is not in the side.
Yeah he's so so good. His passing game is just on a level Pogba can't come close to yet. Reaching Xavi levels in his ability to gets out of a press.

Would also take Vidal over Pogba ftr, but if it went to 4-3-3 the third midfielder might be Iniesta.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I ****ing love Pogba. What a player, still underrated for his passing and intelligence. Him over any midfielder atm. There are enough registas in the world to choose between, few forces like him in midfield. And he's only 22.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I ****ing love Pogba. What a player, still underrated for his passing and intelligence. Him over any midfielder atm. There are enough registas in the world to choose between, few forces like him in midfield. And he's only 22.
Yeah he's a young Yaya Toure. I know we're a little off the running but **** I hope we can sign him.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's easy to be revisionist, but we had beasts like Park and Rafael as CM options at the time. Let's be fair - there was no way Pogba was ever going to be worth a game in central midfield ahead of them. Sometimes a club just has to make tough choices.