• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We do seem to get Poland a lot. There's been a few draws where Poland and Scotland have been in the same pot so couldn't draw each other.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland constantly playing Denmark became a meme. We regretted complaining about the interminable run of unwatchable 0-0/1-1 draws against them when they beat us 6-1 in Ireland in a World Cup qualifying playoff second leg.

Now it feels like we play Serbia every time. Unfortunately they've got much better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ireland constantly playing Denmark became a meme. We regretted complaining about the interminable run of unwatchable 0-0/1-1 draws against them when they beat us 6-1 in Ireland in a World Cup qualifying playoff second leg.

Now it feels like we play Serbia every time. Unfortunately they've got much better.
Ditto Israel for us. Next month's game against them will be the 5th in 13 months, and 7th in the last 3 years.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The memories of 9/11 thread reminded me of this match we played against Swansea on that day.
Aside from the global events of the day it was the most bizarre football match I've ever been to. I don't expect anyone to be enthralled by the action, but if you take a look at the surroundings there is literally no stadium at all on the three visible sides of the pitch.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What’s the general consensus on Postecoglu at Celtic? Obviously off to a bad start in the CL but it’s a potentially important development for Aus football if he goes decently.

Has a reasonable record where he’s coached before.My understanding is he may not have a great squad to work with, but I don’t follow the Scottish league very closely.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Football Kenya Federation board dissolved, and the board president is in custody on close to, if not millions of dollars of fraud allegations. He will likely be charged in Monday.

FIFA have sent a letter indicating that they're not happy. On the field, our keeper dropped a sitter to gift Uganda an 89th minute equalizer and instead of rallying behind the coach accusations of a foul, fans in twitter have labeled it match fixing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
English speaking commentators trying to do the spanish/south american "gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaallllllll" thing is just so incredibly bad

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do the American players keep such a straight face after the third one goes in. It'd be funny enough on its own.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In 2007 the Sun journalists got together to predict an England team of the future. It's obviously very difficult to do, but most of these didn't play at all. Walcott got a lot of caps, but wasn't exactly a new kid on the block in 2007.

Untitled.jpg