• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How many of those players, Walcott apart, had even debuted or looking like they might feature regularly for their clubs?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mumbai City got into the Asian Champions League (I guess it's the whole City Group thing that convinced the AFC closed shop to let them in)

not only that but got a win in Iraq too

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Found out a few things this week. I always knew that my uncle had been a scout for England and Spurs under Glenn Hoddle and that he'd managed a non-league team to FA Vase Glory in his younger days.

That team now have a statistics page on their website. My uncle managed them for about 400 games, won precisely 75% of them and only lost ~50 games during his 10-year tenure.

Strange to think that given his track record, he didn't get the opportunity to manage a team higher up the ladder - or maybe he did, but he didn't want to. Next time I see him, I'll ask.

Shame that he's a bit of a **** and a lot of a bully. But still.

Shady Slim

International Coach
1662463660165.png

was about to facetiously make a soccer thread but thought better of it lol... matildas-canada has again as expected delivered!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The best ones are when the 'scorer' turns away to start celebrating until one of his team mates tells him the bad news. And who doesn't love the old footage of snowy conditions with an orange ball?

EDIT
Talking of early celebrations, items 1, 2 and 4 from this compilation are great; but this time it's the goalies prematurely gesticulating.
No idea what items 3 and 5 are doing here though.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not sure about this. Very hard to police. Surely just rely on common sense and personal responsibility.

Scottish football to ban heading the day before and after matches - BBC News
Given most teams will do light training the day before and recovery sessions the day after, it shouldn't actually make much difference to a player's training load.

It's a step in the right direction when it comes to taking head injuries seriously in football and I'm pleasantly surprised Scotland is actually at the forefront of a radical change to the game.

Bat-and-ball

Cricket Spectator
That's a slap in the face to the players and women worldwide... Hopefully, they will find a solution that gives the players, fans, and sponsors the World Cup they deserve.