• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff to Announce Retirement

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
A journo mate of mine, having interviewed Freddie, tells me that Freddie "is the People's Prince and I'd follow him into a war"

King Pietersen

International Captain
So many kids bought them back in 2005. Couldn't walk around the club without 14 year old kids thinking they were KP or Freddy.
I definitely never had a Woodworm Torch. :ph34r:

Fred's Darts commentary > His Cricketing career. TBH. What a beast of a man he is.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
AWTA

I don't want anybody else when I think of Freddie Flintoff I touch myself

There's a new programme starting soon on ITV4 starring the great man

Flem274*

123/5
I will be keen to see how much they may in fact miss him as the fifth bowling option come the ashes...
Heaps.:p

I thought this was the best place to add this little story which I think shows the class of the man separate to anything that happened on the cricket field.

I played cricket on Sun and in the bar afterwards I had a drink with an English guy. He told a tale about a flight to the States.

He was in business class sat very near Flintoff, Rachael (who was heavily pregnant with their 3rd child) and their 2 boys. The boys were playing up and the Flintoffs were apologising. Orlando is supposedly a pain of an airport and transfering required collecting and rechecking bags. The guy I was drinking with said he offered to help Flintoff by having Rachael sit down and he would take 1 child, Andrew the other, and together they would collect and then re-check the mountain of bags and suitcases. It wasnt a huge effort but it made the life of the Flintoffs easier during a mundane but stressful time. Flintoff asked for his business card and the guy I was sharing a pint with thought nothing more of it. Then 1 day, about a month later, his secretary brought a package into the office and inside was a signed Woodworm bat with a note that read "Thank you for all the help, Andrew Flintoff."

From the help given, to the gift, there is nothing dramatic about the story but I think they say a lot about helping others with the little things and about Flintoff as a man.
What a champion.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So many kids bought them back in 2005. Couldn't walk around the club without 14 year old kids thinking they were KP or Freddy.

Or Murali, who also had a Woodworm :ph34r:
Guilty as charged - well, when I first started playing I wanted a Woodworm Torch but my dad (being a savvy ****) knew exactly why despite having no interest in cricket himself. So he went into our local cricket shop, clued himself up on the nuances of cricket bats before taking me in and getting me a bat that actually suited (GM Catalyst ftr).
Definitely didn't buy myself a Woodworm Hard Drive once I outgrew my harrow though :ph34r: