• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
Lawson’s Jaw;4227780 said:
Not much has changed in the last 4 years. NZ cricket (and NZ in general really) still oozes mediocrity so to make the final they have significantly over-achieved already. They won't be winning this. Kudos for out-performing their minnow status in these big tournaments but they will be over-awed by the occasion and crumble faster than a Christchurch skyscraper. England won't be using lube on Sunday so it's not going to be a pleasant experience for NZ. England won't mess around though so expect this to be over as quickly & humanely as possible.

England in straight sets.
jokes on you, christchurch never had skyscrapers

but thank you for adding your name to the list of little inferior whiners. mmm mmmm mmmmmm tasty tears sustain me.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Why engage with someone who has the compulsive habit of getting banned and coming back to spout rubbish? They clearly have a problem and we should ignore them so they can get help.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah this one is a very low grade troll.......Burgey does it with far more wit and style.

cnerd123

likes this
Enlighten me.......what am I missing?
Lawson

Laws

Burgey claims to be a Lawyer

Don't think he's a multi. That was posted late at night Aus time and we all know Burgey's at that age where he's got a strict bedtime.

Edit: oh no actually just checked again and looks like Burgey could have woken up by that time. Yea okay theory stands.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd give Santner the first over only just to see if he can get that Roy trick right tbh. Boult and Henry after.
They did that in the pool game, and I think it was 1st ball he beat both Roy's inside edge and the keeper for 4 byes, and then a boundary and I think it ended up being 9 off the 1st over, and he was off straight away. I thought at the time he could have bowled at least 1 more.

Personally I think 2 overs go to Boult and Henry, and if it's not swinging for them, bring Santa in for a couple at Henry's end, and then bring Henry back so he still gets through 6-7 overs by the 20th.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'm aware what happened in the group stage game that's why I'm suggesting they do it again lol. See if Santa can bust through Roy's defence early again, but this time actually hit the stumps.

I don't think it would be as effective if the batsmen get to get their eye in Vs the quicks first. Plus the audacity of doing it first over is key - make Roy think about what happened last time, while he's already under immense pressure, and hopefully create some doubt. Plus it's brings back memories of Dipak Patel in 1992.

Last edited:

wrongun

Banned
aka it doesn't really matter. Even Indian fans who are crazy about odis don't exactly remember the 2002 or 2013 CT wins as anything particularly significant.

WC> World t20> CT in the eyes of most fans. The wt20 is different enough to be its own thing, whereas the CT just feels like a much inferior version of the real cup.
Yea, I went for a couple of games in 2016 for the T20 WC (Wi vs Eng, Gayle century, SAF vs Eng Highest run chase). The crowds were good and loud but nothing close to the WC. WC trumps all.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
If that ball gets hit a couple of times by Roy and Bairstow to them advertising hoardings ...your chance of deploying your strongest suit with a new ball , is over from one end . Sod that , in my opinion :) .

cnerd123

likes this
If that ball gets hit a couple of times by Roy and Bairstow to them advertising hoardings ...your chance of deploying your strongest suit with a new ball , is over from one end . Sod that , in my opinion :) .
You get two new balls tho, one from each end

cnerd123

likes this
Besides, you want Roy and Bairstow to be too eager to smash the spinner first over. Play those mind games. See if they over compensate and play in a shell, leading to them getting bowled through the gate or something

thundaboult

International Debutant
besides cracking open broystow, will guptill come good? Earned himself a hell of a confidence booster if anything last game.