• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
massive bender #1 of the weekebed complete, time for #2 on sunday night. already told the boss im gonna be ****ed for monday and he's going to be ****ed too for the same reason. i'll be there in body only.

cnerd123

likes this
massive bender #1 of the weekebed complete, time for #2 on sunday night. already told the boss im gonna be ****ed for monday and he's going to be ****ed too for the same reason. i'll be there in body only.
Want to join comms towards the end of the game? :ph34r: the

Days of Grace

International Captain
As much as I am excited and what to feel confident about our chances, I just can't get past the fact that England have so many in-form batsmen compared to us. You dismiss Roy and Bairstow and then you have to contend with Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes...The batting order seems endless, much like the early 2000s Australian side. Early wickets are absolutely key. England with their in-form batsmen can afford to keep attacking. We lose two early and you feel Williamson and Taylor have to steady the ship and do a slow rebuild. From New Zealand's point of view the first 10 overs of both innings will be decisive. We need to win both of those stanzas.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ will have to be unorthodox to counter this English batting. Open the bowling with Boult and have Santner on at the other end for at least a couple. Place some outrageously attacking fields during the opening salvos. Being somewhat limited in resources they will have to win on the tactical front. Not sure if KW has that nous though.
He has that nous, Santner opened in the group stages v the same team. It didnt seem to me like he enjoyed the grip on a new ball. Bowled mainly arm balls (albeit the first almost knocked over Roy).

To me, Lord's is cherry ripe for Boult to bowl at the Pav End and Henry at the Nursery, and both accentuate their natural swing. Henry was dropped for Sodhi last time at Lord's, a dumb move and he'll be itching to go this time. Geez he was great in the semi.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah , I worry about them opening across the slope at Lords ...that's got to be their best suit .

Mind you I've been impressed by the Woakes/Archer thing too for the powerplay . That's been a bit of a bonus for us .

cnerd123

likes this
I'd give Santner the first over only just to see if he can get that Roy trick right tbh. Boult and Henry after.

Burner

International Regular
I can see Santner going the distance vs England. Just have that feeling that his bowling would be made mince meat of if England get on a roll.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I can see Santner going the distance vs England. Just have that feeling that his bowling would be made mince meat of if England get on a roll.
Santner is the least of my personal worries should we come under the pump. And probably Boult. The rest could travel.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm happy with either result, to be honest.

New Zealand are the least offensive country in the tournament if we were to judge each side on the personality of their citizens and the public policy of their government. But I don't go out of my way to watch them play. On the other hand, I love watching England play and whenever they are featuring in an international match, I will sit down and watch. I've managed to find a soft spot for their cricketers since KP got the chop, and it helps that Stuart Broad doesn't play in their white ball side too. I also have this naive idea that if they put all of their emotional energy into winning the World Cup, they won't have anything left for the Ashes, which is not doubt wrong but it's all I've got left.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bairstow and Roy, once set, have immediately taken on the spinners all career. Tomorrow will be no different unless England can nip them out early enough.

Wouldn’t bother with Santa early though, given how NZ have had both Australia and India, two extremely top heavy sides, reeling early thanks to their fast bowlers.

Lawson’s Jaw

Cricket Spectator
Not much has changed in the last 4 years. NZ cricket (and NZ in general really) still oozes mediocrity so to make the final they have significantly over-achieved already. They won't be winning this. Kudos for out-performing their minnow status in these big tournaments but they will be over-awed by the occasion and crumble faster than a Christchurch skyscraper. England won't be using lube on Sunday so it's not going to be a pleasant experience for NZ. England won't mess around though so expect this to be over as quickly & humanely as possible.

England in straight sets.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lawson’s Jaw;4227780 said:
Not much has changed in the last 4 years. NZ cricket (and NZ in general really) still oozes mediocrity so to make the final they have significantly over-achieved already. They won't be winning this. Kudos for out-performing their minnow status in these big tournaments but they will be over-awed by the occasion and crumble faster than a Christchurch skyscraper. England won't be using lube on Sunday so it's not going to be a pleasant experience for NZ. England won't mess around though so expect this to be over as quickly & humanely as possible.

Hi Burge

add_sauce

Cricket Spectator
Lawson’s Jaw;4227780 said:

You say that, but just two days ago NZ obliterated a much better team than England.