• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Jezroy

State Captain
Less than 30 hours out. Weather looks good for Sunday.

It’s bloody exciting. Just hope if we’re outclassed, we scrap and make it hard for England. Don’t want to be a second Australia semi final for them. Want to be the Bangladesh to their NZ.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
besides cracking open broystow, will guptill come good? Earned himself a hell of a confidence booster if anything last game.
If he doesn't there really won't ever be a better time for him. In the last WC he basically peaked in one game. He hasn't in this one so far, so after that run out, you'd expect he'll come good here.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Not asking for much from Guptill, but a repeat of that 189* in 2013 would be nice.

I definitely think the run out will have helped with his frame of mind, and could lead to a decent innings.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Less than 30 hours out. Weather looks good for Sunday.

It’s bloody exciting. Just hope if we’re outclassed, we scrap and make it hard for England. Don’t want to be a second Australia semi final for them. Want to be the Bangladesh to their NZ.
I want to be the SL of Eng lol

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Roy was suffering from roid rage the other day? He hits it like a baseballer and it wouldn't make him the first drug using English opener.

I'm just kidding about the steroids , but he should've been banned for a couple of months for umpire abuse imo. One of the reasons I dislike football/soccer is the way the players talk to the refs. I'd hate to see that in cricket.

add_sauce

Cricket Spectator
The real question here is; should I take Monday off work?

This match will start at 7:30pm my time and should finish around 3:30am.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The real question here is; should I take Monday off work?

This match will start at 7:30pm my time and should finish around 3:30am.
Yes you should. I cleared/postponed all Monday morning meetings and advised my staff I won't be in until Monday arvo.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Roy should have been banned for just being a knob.

Why put your final in jeopardy when England are cruising to victory chasing a low total? Bat**** crazy stuff.

Jezroy

State Captain
Dharmasena and Erasmus umpires.

Tucker 3rd and Alene Dar 4th.

Hopefully Dharmasena doesn’t give Roy out in dicey circumstances again.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Remarkable how he turned it around after tonning up in the warm up against WI
You have to give credit to the selectors for sticking with him as well. Just like there's always a tendency to seek out the relative comfort of your ex, even though it's well confirmed shes let herself go and is slightly mad, it would have been easy to go back to Southee too.