• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FICA calls for postponement of Pakistan tour

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim May, the chief executive of the players' representative body Federation of International Cricketers' Association, has criticised the ICC's recommendation that it could amend rules by not sending its match officials to countries with security concerns but allowing a series in that country to continue.

i dunno know that seems pretty fine. if the icc doesn't think it's safe enough to send it's own staff.......

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, May's on the money here. If the ICC considers the concerns are legitimate enough to amend its own rules regarding officialdom May would be neglecting his duty of care to his members if he didn't speak out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah seems pretty reasonable to me. If it's not good enough for the officials, why's it good enough for the players?

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't think anyone should be touring until the country is safe and that there are no more attacks.
Absolutely. The last time a team decided to tour us, we assured them of "Presidential level security" and almost got them killed. We have zero credibility on the issue. If the ICC or FICA determines that it's still not safe to tour, then how can we question them? I feel for the people of Pakistan and all the players that can't play at home. However, it's my personal opinion that we're not ready to host and I'm going to be on pins and needles the entire time the Bangladeshi team is in Pakistan.

cricdude

Cricket Spectator
i think bangladesh should tour pakistan, how can they prove themeselves then :unsure:

Last edited: