• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Extra Extra Read All About It!

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Tom Halsey said:
If anyone ever throws 6 overthrows, I'll by "101 ways to eat a computer", thanks.
Sure would be quite a sight! I certainly wouldn't want to face their bowling...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
It actually makes far more sense, seeing as no-balls don't go to the batsman. :p
The Laws Of Cricket said:
13. Runs resulting from a No ball – how scored
The one run penalty for a No ball shall be scored as a No ball extra. If other penalty runs have been awarded to either side, these shall be scored as in Law 42.17 (Penalty runs). Any runs completed by the batsmen or a boundary allowance shall be credited to the striker if the ball has been struck by the bat; otherwise they also shall be scored as No ball extras.
:p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Graeme Smith attacks Graeme Smith

Having fallen out with every other test captain Graeme Smith came to blows with himself yesterday.
After exchanging several heated words throughout the recent test things seemed to come to a head after Smith called himself through for a suicidal single and was run out. After pushing & shoving himself repeatedly Smith threw several punches & had to be restrained.
After stumps a still visibly angry Smith told reporters, “Who the hell do I think I am? There was never a single there, but I just wouldn’t admit it. I can’t believe I punched myself, is that any way for a captain to behave? I've lost whatever respect I had for Graeme Smith after that. I shall give evidence against myself to the referee if called. I’m an absolute disgrace.”
Micky Arthur, however, was determined to stand by his captain. He commented, “Yes, yes I know. But it’s him or Kallis, so what’re you gonna do?”