• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans - What will you be doing?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
There's a staf training day tommorow, see if i can watch the climax, im working on about 3 hours sleep in 2 days, and a party in between

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On Saturday I got home absolutely trashed - my mates had had to put me in a taxi at 1 because I'd been ejected from two bars. I realised when I got in that there was an upside to it in that I could watch the Cricket, but I couldn't remember any of it the next day so had to watch the highlights on Sunday night :wacko:

Won't bother staying up late Thursday, I'm gonna get up early and then do some good sessions Fri/Sat night I reckon. I know it sounds fairweather, but if this one goes the same way as the first then I'm not destroying myself in work for it, coz it ain't worth it, so the position after three days will decide my viewing patterns for Sunday and Monday night.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Off to bed now (2.30am GMT). Gonna set alarm for 5.30 so I catch evening session.

How many down will we be....? 8-)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Off to bed in a moment myself with TMS on, not getting up till 10am although I may set the alarm for regular intervals just so I can check the score and make sure I'm not missing anything. Tbh I'm not expecting to.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got a free day tomorrow, then it's Sat/Sun. Only trouble comes about is when i have to stay up on Sunday night and then be up for a 10am lecture.

grecian

Just trying to work out when to do that tricky beverage switch from lager to vodkaredbull.

Need caffeine to stay up all night, but can't drink too much vodka, as it tends to make me puke:wacko:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Got to do my weights now, so I will follow the game until I've finished them. Have to also write another 1,000 words for my essay and do my presentation project all before Monday. Some speed or motivation would come in handy right about now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
playing football tomorrow so i need to get at least some sleep. Sad to say but if we lose early wickets i might hit the sack before lunch

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
Got to do my weights now, so I will follow the game until I've finished them. Have to also write another 1,000 words for my essay and do my presentation project all before Monday. Some speed or motivation would come in handy right about now.

You scrape all that, just going to watch the cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've adopted the controversial staying awake technique of having a skinful.

Working ok so far, but i fear for the lunch break.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll be the same. Going out for light refreshments tonight, will sit in bed and watch, but at lunch I'll probably just conk out. Don't think I've seen an afternoon session live yet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
grecian said:
Just trying to work out when to do that tricky beverage switch from lager to vodkaredbull.

Need caffeine to stay up all night, but can't drink too much vodka, as it tends to make me puke:wacko:
I hate Vodka and would like to advise you that Red Bull is nice with the following:

Jack Daniel's
Bacardi
Bell's
Southern Comfort

Or, if it's caffeine you're after, drink a ton of Bacardi and Coke, that'll keep you awake, get you leathered, and you'll probably get dead emotional when anything of note happens. Oooh good plan, think I'll sack the Guinness off tonight and do that myself. I'll cry tears of joy when KP bowls McGrath to complete his fifer

grecian

GeraintIsMyHero said:
I hate Vodka and would like to advise you that Red Bull is nice with the following:

Jack Daniel's
Bacardi
Bell's
Southern Comfort

Or, if it's caffeine you're after, drink a ton of Bacardi and Coke, that'll keep you awake, get you leathered, and you'll probably get dead emotional when anything of note happens. Oooh good plan, think I'll sack the Guinness off tonight and do that myself. I'll cry tears of joy when KP bowls McGrath to complete his fifer
Nah on the whisky I like it, particularly Jim Beam and JD, but it doesn't like me, "hangovers from hell", as Richard Lewis would say. Bacardis a thought though.