• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans - What will you be doing?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I was just wondering how viewers in England were going to follow the series, what with the games in the middle of the night and all.

I'll probably try and get up around five-ish before school when it's on and catch the last couple of hours before catching the rest on Sky or BBC highlights. With the boxing day Test/weekends I might watch the full day, I'll see how my already sleep-deprived body takes it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
booked the 23rd, 24th november, 1st december, 4th december, 14th and 15th December off work and i'm finished on the 20th december. Plan on going thru the night

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Am still going to need to have a conversation with my housemates about getting Sky in time for the series. Either way I'll be up all night for it, be it radio or TV coverage. I can handle it. :cool:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Same as I've been doing since the early '90s (before Sky it was TMS) stay up as long as possible, usually nod off not long after tea.

Can't see this series reaching the heights of '05 but if we do get some nail biters I'll stay up for all of it.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'll probably try and get up around five-ish before school when it's on and catch the last couple of hours before catching the rest on Sky or BBC highlights. With the boxing day Test/weekends I might watch the full day.

That sounds like what I'll try. If I can't handle it after the first day, I won't :p

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
its good being a student with a dissertation due in, few lectures and housemates who buy sky for the football :D
I love being antisocial and sleeping all day!

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Probably watch the first session on Sky TV - the Tests start at 12 or 12.30 everywhere but Perth:@ and then do my old trick of going to bed with the radio on so at least you hear the score if you wake up. depends when the highlights are on - as for what one to watch - the BBC is using Channel Nine's coverage which is both good (Richie Benaud) and bad (Tony Greig - worst comentator ever) so I'll probably watch Sky's if theirs is on first.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you take it day by day. Hate to sound a fair-weather supporter, but if Australia are 200-1 in the early hours of the morning, I tend to head to bed.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
test run tonight, probably staying up for the first innings, would go the whole play but i have to get up for work at half six

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Jamee999 said:
I'll probably try and get up around five-ish before school when it's on and catch the last couple of hours before catching the rest on Sky or BBC highlights. With the boxing day Test/weekends I might watch the full day.

That sounds like what I'll try. If I can't handle it after the first day, I won't :p
Yeah, same here. I did a few early starts for Pakistan and India so I should be OK. Possiblity of doing a full nighter if one of the Tests goes to the wire. I doubt my parents would be happy with me living in Australian time though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well I’m not planning for an all-nighter tonight, will catch the first couple hours, go a bed and just Sky+ the rest. Though doubtlessly during the test matches I will be aiming for a few more hours but with extend highlights on Sky, the Beeb and my plus box, I have all the bases firmly covered.

Must make sure I delete some of the **** on my Sky+ box tonight.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
I must admit, I'm an awful viewer in that I get really nervous!

I love watching the highlights if England have done well but often find that viewing live I'm so on the edge of my seat that it's almost unbearable. I literally couldn't watch the conclusion of the 2nd test at Edgbaston last year - but then I can't do anything else as I'm constantly worrying about what is happening!

At least the last day at the Oval was a work day.. Having said that, with England 5 down at lunch, I couldn't eat much. :laugh:

I will see some of the post-tea sessions at the gym I frequent as I have to get there at 6:30 before I go to work and they show the cricket on one of the screens. No sound though as the usual rap/r'n'b 'music' will be belting out. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :blink:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I got Sky Sports yesterday. Just couldn't bear to miss it. Gonna watch bits and pieces before sleep, and before work in the morning, and then watch everything at the weekends.

On the Sky Sports topic, anyone seen the Pros & Cons ad? Made me :laugh: