• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Wait there using the kookaburra in county? Can't wait till Bancroft makes runs there and people go "BUT HE DIDNT FACE THE DUKES."
Yeah four rounds this season up from two from last season.

Was introduced last year to better prepare players for away series in your backyard especially.

Get spinners in the game more too.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If anyone wants to see how Robinson is shaping up at the start of the season, here he is opening the bowling for Sussex against Northants.

batnball

Cricket Spectator
What's so interesting about the English county championship? Isn't it similar to the Ranji trophy of India?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
when and where did the second reduction to six get announced?
I assumed this was one of the 7 games, I may be wrong!

This must be one of the first 9 he misses. Your own website doesn't specify his availability for Surrey.

"The Australian spinner was due to be available for the full 2024 season with Lancashire Cricket, however he will now be available for seven of the first nine rounds of Vitality County Championship matches only.

Lyon will arrive at Emirates Old Trafford ahead of the Club’s season opener against Surrey starting on Friday 5 April and will remain with the Red Rose until Wednesday 3 July, concluding with Lancashire’s match against Nottinghamshire at Southport & Birkdale CC."

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
I assumed this was one of the 7 games, I may be wrong!

This must be one of the first 9 he misses. Your own website doesn't specify his availability for Surrey.

"The Australian spinner was due to be available for the full 2024 season with Lancashire Cricket, however he will now be available for seven of the first nine rounds of Vitality County Championship matches only.

Lyon will arrive at Emirates Old Trafford ahead of the Club’s season opener against Surrey starting on Friday 5 April and will remain with the Red Rose until Wednesday 3 July, concluding with Lancashire’s match against Nottinghamshire at Southport & Birkdale CC."
Thanks
Lyon has arrived, he is named in a squad of 13 for the current match.
There has been discussion amongst supporters whether they should omit him from this match due to the lack of prospects of play over the weekend so that it would be one of the two he misses. But I suspect, it may have been stipulated by CA (much as the ECB has with Yorkshire for Brook and Root) which matches he plays, so that he doesn't play too many back to back. Who knows Lancashire would never lay their cards on the table, communication wise: "Don't tell 'em Pike"
They play 3 championship games in April then miss a round, 4 in May and then 2 during the ICC T20 towards the end of June.
Suspect he will miss one in April and one in May.
Fairly sure it's still 7. But if the Surrey match is abandoned without a ball being bowled. Who knows.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
What's the rules now with number of foreign players aloud to play in CC?

I was surprised to see both Holder and Nathan Smith able to play for Worcestershire.

tony p

First Class Debutant
No play before Lunch at Derby.
Delayed start due to wet outfield at Leeds.
Inspection at 11.00am at Chester-le-Street

Day 2 looks poor again in some places.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Kent and Somerset underway. No Bashir who had featured in their pre-season friendly game against Exeter University