• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can blame the hundred for plenty of things with the current schedule but I don't think the start time is one of them.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Can blame the hundred for plenty of things with the current schedule but I don't think the start time is one of them.
You wouldn't put it into the same category as the ICC tournaments, calendar space wise?
Three tournaments in the English summer and we could start a week later on those dates. But all the starts prior to 10th April are with a fourth tournament crowbarred in.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Cricket Australia put up a list of Australians playing County Cricket this year.

PlayerCountyCCOne Day CupT20 Blast
Wes AgarKent10 - early season?group stage
Cameron BancroftGloucestershire'most of season'" "" "
Xavier BartlettKent5 (of 7 due to workload) early season?first eight
Scott BolandDurhamend of July?" "
Peter HandscombLeicestershirewhole season" "" "
Aaron HardieSurrey3?group stage
Dan HughesSussex'from beginning of T20 Blast'?" "
Marnus LabuschagneGlamorganwhole season" "" "
Nathan LyonLancashirewhole season" "" "
Nathan McAndrewSussex23group stage
Ben McDermottHampshire00season
Will PucovskiLeicestershire500
Michael NeserHampshireduring T20 Blast stint?8
Daniel SamsEssex0?" "8
Will SutherlandSomerset"start"?group stage
Chris TremainNorthamptonshire40?0
CA just withdrawn Bartlett.

Pothas

You wouldn't put it into the same category as the ICC tournaments, calendar space wise?
Three tournaments in the English summer and we could start a week later on those dates. But all the starts prior to 10th April are with a fourth tournament crowbarred in.
Two of those tournaments happen at the same time though.

Hungry Llama

Cricket Spectator
CC starts Friday. Sorry for the deliberate mistake.

I agree Surrey look the strongest again, even if theyr without Curran for most of the season, theyl
have Pope, Lawrence and Foakes until July probably unless injury intervenes. And as for seamers they
have a choice of Worral, Abbot, Roach, Atkinson [perhaps he'll be off to the WC in June], Lawes,
Joverton and Clark as well as Jordan and Topley [even if they are unlikely to play much CC cricket]

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
The Hundred and the Blast. You could probably sneak these one day games in early doors then allow the CC to have the warmer weather.
Especially as sitting outside for a few hours in the evening in April and September (not much more than Rugby and football crowds do) is more bearable than seven Hours for a CC match.

leaving days in high summer empty until the evening, be it for the hundred or blast is illogical and not playing to cricket’s strengths.

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
Especially as sitting outside for a few hours in the evening in April and September (not much more than Rugby and football crowds do) is more bearable than seven Hours for a CC match.

leaving days in high summer empty until the evening, be it for the hundred or blast is illogical and not playing to cricket’s strengths.
Exactly my thoughts, even more so with some of these "hybrid" pitches where they could perhaps play in more drizzly weather, but hey what would use longer term fans really know?

tony p

First Class Debutant
Derby v Glos @ Derby, already abandoned for the day, even with 40 minutes until play would have started at 11.00am
3 other matches with a delayed start, or no play before lunch ( Canterbury)

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
Derby v Glos @ Derby, already abandoned for the day, even with 40 minutes until play would have started at 11.00am
3 other matches with a delayed start, or no play before lunch ( Canterbury)
So only 3 matches expected to start on time!

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
The Lords wicket is looking awful. Not confident with us going in without a front line spinner and with a makeshift opening pair.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I don't get the inspection at 12:30 nonsense, just take an early lunch and aim to start for 1 if the inspection goes well.

But of course tradition dictates lunch at 1.

Same stupid tradition that sees them starting at 11 instead of 1030 in the middle of summer.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I am guessing that once teams do get on the pitch then it will be very much bowl first if you win the toss. Oh and what mackembhoy says with regards hours of play.

Starfighter

I don't get the inspection at 12:30 nonsense, just take an early lunch and aim to start for 1 if the inspection goes well.

But of course tradition dictates lunch at 1.

Same stupid tradition that sees them starting at 11 instead of 1030 in the middle of summer.
The immovable feast