• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

SeamUp

International Coach
Michael Booth debuting for Warwickshire. He opened the bowling at Hilton College with John Turner who has made England squads. They were there under Dale Benkenstein who helped get them set up in England no doubt.

Screenshot_2024-04-05-14-11-34-96_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Last edited:

Baldrick

Cricket Spectator
Great start so far.

Both yourselves and Worcs defying to obvious view of it's a bowl first across the country sort of day.
The pitch placements can't be helping either. Plenty of three's on offer to the large part of the ground that is helpful.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricinfo has most of the games showing as interrupted due to inclement weather cept one or two so I clicked on one - involving warwickshire.

They have a bowler named Chris Rushworth with close 700 FC wickets at an average of 22? Is he the most prolific FC bowler currently next to Anderson himself?

I checked his profile on cricinfo and it's 575 words long. FTR, Sachin Tendulkar's profile on cricinfo is 467 words long.

And he's not only not good enough for ENG but also has barely found a mention among ENG fans and media for tests? Makes no sense.

Adds to my suspicion of records of ENG cricketers and general quality of County cricket.

Hobbs and Hutton among the best openers? GTFO here.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I will never get why counties can't invest in full outfield covers. If they have them in Sri Lanka/Bangladesh why not here?

Surely cost outweighs the loss of play throughout the season

Durham played the uni last weekend in nice enough conditions.

This week was always forecast for lots of rain, could have had the ground covered all week and avoided abandoning today.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Having just read that Josh Tongue had signed for Notts, I was looking forward to seeing him bowl today. No such luck, as he isn't in the line-up. Injured already ffs?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thank you. For all my misgivings about Anderson starting the summer in the test side, at least the old man manages to stay fitter than many of the alternatives. See also Ollie Robinson, of course.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Any reason marnus isn't playing for Glamorgan today?
Cricket Australia limiting how long their players over here for.

Boland and Lyon both arrived yesterday. Already reduced Lyon involvement from the whole season to 7 games and now 6!!!