• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still loving Somerset's bowling attack, even with Cove and Gregory having an off day. Hw dare I say Green and VDM were weak links, Ben has taking the most wickets in the comp, and VDM second best economy.

FBU

International Debutant
The cc is back tomorrow. Lancs will have another draw. Salt playing but Buttler and Livingstone 'managing their workloads'. Those two won't play red ball cricket again for Lancs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The cc is back tomorrow. Lancs will have another draw. Salt playing but Buttler and Livingstone 'managing their workloads'. Those two won't play red ball cricket again for Lancs.
Buttler I get, although it's a shame. Livingstone's potentially missing a trick to develop himself as a genuine contender for a role in the test side as a 2nd or 3rd spinner next time England are in Asia. Because who else is there?

On a separate note, I'll be at The Oval when Lancashire play in the CC there on 26th June, so we'll see who plays.

tony p

First Class Debutant
When was the last time a team had three TOM'S as the top 3 in the order.?
Sussex have TOM Haines & TOM Clark opening, with TOM Alsop at number 3.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi !
I was wondering why Sam Hain has been under-considered by England ? He's 27, and averages over 40 in FC, 57 in 50-over, and 41 in T20!
Also, do you think Ben Compton will get a call one day ? Averages 54 in FC after 34 matches.
And finally, what about Ben Coad, from Derbyshire, who averages 20,22 with the ball and has 222 wickets to his name.
I'd rather see Sam Hain or Ben Compton opening alongside Duckett :)

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Suspect your last sentence may apply equally to Parkinson

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Buttler I get, although it's a shame. Livingstone's potentially missing a trick to develop himself as a genuine contender for a role in the test side as a 2nd or 3rd spinner next time England are in Asia. Because who else is there?

On a separate note, I'll be at The Oval when Lancashire play in the CC there on 26th June, so we'll see who plays.
When they announced Livi as T20 captain they said: “I love playing for Lancashire and I was already really excited to get back to Emirates Old Trafford with the opportunity to be available for the majority of this summer’s Blast."

No mention of championship. In fairness Livingstone probably has a better chance of another Test match if he stays clear of playing championship cricket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surrey have selected actual batsmen for their Championship game I see. Sensible, but boring.
Yes, I can cope without TCurran and Overton in the top 5 for the CC. Although with Pope on Ashes duty, I'm not sure how our top 3 will look.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
When they announced Livi as T20 captain they said: “I love playing for Lancashire and I was already really excited to get back to Emirates Old Trafford with the opportunity to be available for the majority of this summer’s Blast."

No mention of championship. In fairness Livingstone probably has a better chance of another Test match if he stays clear of playing championship cricket.
You're probably right. Maybe he doesn't fancy playing tests in India anyway.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Lancashire putting out one of the trundliest military medium attacks the CC has ever seen. Where's Mahmoud and Wood?
"Mahmood remains under assessment by the Club's Medical Department after missing the last four T20 matches", according to the website but no word on Wood, but suspect he's rested. Wood has carried the T20 attack recently (30 overs no-one else has bowled 20) and not played in the championship since the first game of the season.