• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
At this point I honestly think Hazlewood should be like fifth in line, he just can't get any consistency in his cricket. We all know that's not what Bailey and Dodemaide will think though.

the big bambino

International Captain
We'll see. My worry with him is that if the ball's not moving they'll go after him. Because of his bendy-legged action he's not exactly quick or bouncy. I'm not convinced that Boland should necessarily play ahead of him though.

The problem is it looks like they're still gonna play Hazlewood, who I would't ordinarily object to except that he'll have only bowled four overs in any match before the tests. And playing him before he's gradually worked his way back in first class tends to end up with him injured again in a jiffy.
Haze and his fitness is a worry. They should start with Boland imo. But surely there'll be an occasion or two in England that will suit Neser.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At this point I honestly think Hazlewood should be like fifth in line, he just can't get any consistency in his cricket. We all know that's not what Bailey and Dodemaide will think though.
I think so too, but the course is so predictable a blind man could see it.

On the other side of the coin, Morris not being fit is a bugger. If the pitches are as flat as Stokes wants (and unlike here the English groundsmen seem to dance to the desired tune) extra pace could be a good option.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haze and his fitness is a worry. They should start with Boland imo. But surely there'll be an occasion or two in England that will suit Neser.
I honestly wouldn't mind bumping Neser up the pecking order on the strength of his lower order batting alone. We desperately need a bit more substance down there; I am sick and tired of hard fought, promising first innings being sawn off at the knees in tough conditions because our tail has the staying power of ice cream in a sauna in the last few years away from home.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly wouldn't mind bumping Neser up the pecking order on the strength of his lower order batting alone. We desperately need a bit more substance down there; I am sick and tired of hard fought, promising first innings being sawn off at the knees in tough conditions because our tail has the staying power of ice cream in a sauna in the last few years away from home.
That too. It seems a while since we had an annoying tail. Starc doesn't seem to produce his slogs much anymore and that brief flash of form Cummins showed on his comeback was deceptive as it turned out.

Molehill

International Captain
That too. It seems a while since we had an annoying tail. Starc doesn't seem to produce his slogs much anymore and that brief flash of form Cummins showed on his comeback was deceptive as it turned out.
The two tails are remarkably similar.

Robinson/Cummins, two blokes who know how to bat but have seemingly forgotten how to.
Broad/Starc, a pair of swishy lefties as likely to get a duck as smash a quick 30.
Leach/Lyon, know how to block and can play the occasional attacking stroke. Most likely member of the tail to hang around with a batsman.
Anderson/Hazlewood, bunnies.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The two tails are remarkably similar.

Robinson/Cummins, two blokes who know how to bat but have seemingly forgotten how to.
Broad/Starc, a pair of swishy lefties as likely to get a duck as smash a quick 30.
Leach/Lyon, know how to block and can play the occasional attacking stroke. Most likely member of the tail to hang around with a batsman.
Anderson/Hazlewood, bunnies.
How dare you disrespect the burnley lara like that you cretin.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Smith out lbw for 30, didn't seem chuffed with the decision. At best it was probably clipping the top of leg stump.
As usual we've completely out thought The Aussies here.

Let loads of their players play in County cricket and then make sure they fail with some dodgy umpiring decisions thus undermining their confidence ahead of the Ashes.

Did the Aussies really think we'd let their Smith & co warm up in Div 2 smacking county trundlers to all parts to build their confidence up - not a chance.

As usual we're one step ahead of the Aussies and our plan is working to perfection.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see marnus get some runs in the past 2 rounds after 2 low scores to start the season and an inconsistent season for Glamorgan last year. According to some guy on Reddit he has 7000 FC runs @60+ in the past 5 years of test/FC cricket.

the big bambino

International Captain
Quite. Whenever I see Marsh in a test squad I start thinking "now who could we have that can replace him"? Neser would be more valuable imo whereas I can only see Marsh coming in for an injured Green and not really compensating for it anyway.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Rushworth always used to get loads of wickets against Hampshire.

Seems like he's still doing it with his new county.
Pretty impressive career record, really - could he be considered unlucky to have never had an England call-up?