• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs New Zealand, 1st Test at Lord's

Shri

Mr. Glass
No recording device found in my laptop apparently. One slot to insert the green wire on my headphone/mic in my laptop. Should I enable something on the system?

jan

State Vice-Captain
Thanks for the commentary guys. Improving with each series.
Funny moments when camera showed those three Sky guys talking about something and your voices actually fit their conversation for a brief moment :D

Shady Slim

International Coach
who's hosting the morning/afternoon sessions today? i'll send them my skype if they don't already have it

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'll host the morning session tonight if no one else does. Bear in mind it's Friday night here, and I like to unwind with a beer...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Do you guys record it or something? Would I be able to just listen as well? Or is being on a call the only way to listen?

Flem274*

123/5
keen to prove there are worse commentators than warne around once i sort myself a mic tomorrow or sunday.

what's the minimum quality you need to have a good sound quality for the listener? Apart from muting me that is.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
keen to prove there are worse commentators than warne around once i sort myself a mic tomorrow or sunday.

what's the minimum quality you need to have a good sound quality for the listener? Apart from muting me that is.
Think the built in microphone on my iMac is perfectly fine. I've not had quality complaints when using it for comms (apart from for the content maybe (face)) So I'd assume any specific mic you bought would be good enough.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Think the built in microphone on my iMac is perfectly fine. I've not had quality complaints when using it for comms (apart from for the content maybe (face)) So I'd assume any specific mic you bought would be good enough.
Yep, I'm just using my built-in microphone on my Acer laptop.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain

I think the more important thing is to have headphones so there's no feedback through the mic

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well I got this completely wrong then. Thought it would be more like a thread where we can all drop in comments only through audio instead of text. Thought Spark was being weird and just kept talking to himself for a while until some time passed.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And i think I am not as knowledgeable as Howe or Spark yesterday. All I have got going for me is being nerdy about the game, good memory of **** I have seen and common sense stuff. Just never played any cricket at a highly competitive level and we had local slang for technical stuff which no one would understand except people who played in my city. So I don't know if I can be of any good or make interesting points that aren't cliched.