• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well done England a deserved series win. Both match results flatter Pakistan we never never in it at any stage maybe apart from day 1 here.

Test side needs a major revamp starting with captain and coach.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England have proved anything this year IMO it's that quality leadership makes an outsized impact on the fortunes of your side
What's happened with this England team is an anomaly. Not saying leadership can't have a big impact. But thereve been plenty of great teams that make do with merely good captains. Pakistan's bowling and selection is so problematic right now that they'd probably still suck even with a good captain (although if babar had a hand in the selections for the first test it's a different story) . I still can't wrap my head around their bowling attack for that game.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Highlights of this stupidly favourable WTC cycle for Pakistan include:

Letting Kemar Roach win a test with the bat.

Letting Australia score a million runs when it reversing by bowling ****e finger spin. Sajid 7.

Losing 8 wickets for 60 runs to hand England the lead after sailing along fairly smoothly for the most part.

Softer than pudding.
Yeah when I saw the WTC draw I rated Pakistan the most likely to make the final, with Australia, India, and NZ battling for 2nd. Got a few things wrong there.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Too many changes needed from top to bottom.

Take captaincy away from Babar for a start we are losing a lot of runs from him due to captaincy burdening him i believe he can go on a golden run for 4-5 years if he is focued just in his game.

Pace attack can be really good but ffs get them red ball fit so they can be on the fieild consistently. Tell Shadab either he plays all format or can **** off like Amir no need to pick and choose. Rizwan has to start scoring again with a weak tail we can't afford him not scoring runs.

Small positives batting core is developing Abdullah, Imam, Babar and Saud have the making of a good top order, hopefully Abrar can kick on and we dont have to see the nauman, sajid and Zahid's anymore.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm more optimistic on Pakistan's future. The core of a good batting line-up is there, and Shaheen/Naseem while not quite there yet are a pair worth giving all the time possible to. Get yourself a proper captain and it's a decent long-term prospect that could really challenge most teams away from home IMO.

Understand that seems a long way off, but as we've proven things can turn around pretty quickly.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Another great win although it has to be said the turning point was the Shakeel dismissal which was very poor umpiring.

Good effort from Pakistan but once the 2 wickets fell before tea, I always felt we'd win.

Brilliant from Mark Wood today - that extra pace really helps and in fact all the seamers bowled well.