• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'm livid that i'm gonna need to have an early night tomorrow for work reasons because i really don't want to miss the end of this match

ashley bach

International Captain
If you check the Ashes subbie, I’ve documented the reasons for an asterisk against that series (along with various other Ashes series)
Cheers I'll certainly have a read, can only imagine at this point what the reasons were, from memory their opponents were just so much better.

BazBall21

International Regular
Shakeel looks such a classic subcontinent bat. Very light on his feet and plays with soft hands. Imam bats with a bit more physical intensity.

Preed

U19 12th Man
I know it’s a brave declaration but to brave.Pakistan can win this without taking risks.Don’t agree with letting the second best team win just for the sake of optimism.Would we do it in the ashes

BazBall21

International Regular
It is true that batting a bit longer would have left Pakistan torn over the approach. It’s a no brainer with the required run rate below 3.5

Howe_zat

Audio File
It is true that batting a bit longer would have left Pakistan torn over the approach. It’s a no brainer with the required run rate below 3.5
Batting on longer would have given them three and a half sessions instead of three to try and win.

ashley bach

International Captain
England should have taken some insurance, and why not they scored over 900 runs yet have given their opponents more than a royal chance.
Just batting 20-25 minutes longer and scoring another 35-40 runs would have made the chance of a Pakistan win so much more difficult, while in the
process they wouldn't have ruined their chances of winning by too much.

BazBall21

International Regular
Undeserved wins in test cricket are very rare, it would feel undeserved if Pakistan win tomorrow.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Undeserved wins in test cricket are very rare, it would feel undeserved if Pakistan win tomorrow.
why so

they’ve lost the toss, had to chase a massive total and got England to a respectable total in the 2nd innings. Its not their fault that Stokes chose to **** the bed

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not convinced. They batted very well in response to England's massive first innings knock. And they bowled well enough today to keep England's batting honest. I don't think we're quite talking Sobers in 1968 here.