• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haven't watched anything like all of his efforts, but the little I have seen has made me think Jacks looks a little better than an FC average north of 50 would suggest.

He doesn't put the same revs on the ball, but there is a hint of Swann about his delivery action.

6/161 isn't going to put up much bunting, but crucially he took those six, so credit to the young man.

Bet Pope loving Duckett right now; keeps for 155 overs and his opener cops a first baller.

ataraxia

International Coach
Have to say, it's pretty incredible that this match, with 75 overs a day and the ****test bowling attacks alive (three debutants and a 19yo; three **** finger-spinners, a 40yo, + Robinson and Root), looks to be heading to a result. Oh, and the flattest pitch known to man, and 7 centuries (test record is 8 ftr) in the first 3 days alone.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon the plan is for about 420 off 110 overs and then hope Pakistan have a melt down whilst deciding whether or not to go for it on day 5.
Leaving Pakistan 110 overs must include at least 25 overs tonight, given the early finishes. I'm not sure England can be anywhere near 420 ahead by the end of this session. Maybe 350 ahead mid-way through the final session, but they can't afford to keep leaking wickets.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Leaving Pakistan 110 overs must include at least 25 overs tonight, given the early finishes. I'm not sure England can be anywhere near 420 ahead by the end of this session. Maybe 350 ahead mid-way through the final session, but they can't afford to keep leaking wickets.
Only need another 30 or so overs to get a 420 lead at current rate (if we don’t get bowled out ofc)