• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England calls off tour....

Xuhaib

International Coach
Right decision.

But sad to see cricket suffer due to some isolated nutters actions.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
100% spot on decision, will be hilarious to see people try and argue otherwise. It poses an interesting question on the future of cricket in general though if India which is now the cash cow of modern cricket is deemed a no-go zone for the game.

Bring on the football revolution for mine.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Even though this is a valid excuse but I think there might be some relief in the English camp after the pasting they were getting and would get in the future games.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That is a shocking attitude.
You got me wrong buddy.

I am not saying they must be happy that this happened but they would be relieved in a way they don't have to do any more leather chasing, it was already taking a toll on the team.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Jonathan Agnew saying on TV that the England players are scheduled to stay where they are for 24h while a decision is made.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Even though this is a valid excuse but I think there might be some relief in the English camp after the pasting they were getting and would get in the future games.
I think that is a fair enough comment.

The decision is the right one and Im sure is made for all the right reasons but it did also come at the right time from an England cricketing POV.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's certainly a consistent decision, given the wide berth Pakistan is now given by touring sides, so kudos to that. If, indeed, it actually has been called off, in light of four_or_six's above post.

Interesting where things now stand re IPL/ICL.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
100% spot on decision, will be hilarious to see people try and argue otherwise. It poses an interesting question on the future of cricket in general though if India which is now the cash cow of modern cricket is deemed a no-go zone for the game.

Bring on the football revolution for mine.
As evidenced by this thread so far. :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Absolutely the fair decision here. How relieved must the families of the English players be. Cricket doesn't matter in times like these.

biased indian

International Coach
Ok good decision the tour has not been cancelled altogether and only the irrelevent ODI's has been callled off ...and think they will be now leaving india and will come back to play the test matches..

archie mac

International Coach
On the TV here in Aust. conflicting reports, some say they have already left India. Others that they are going to still play the Tests

satheeshv37

Cricket Spectator
England calls off tour

Good decision, I'm sure they could have been waiting for a chance like this or of any kind, to bunk the series after their poor performance, they have nothing to play in the series now, so they decided to call it off the series. better luck next time England..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good decision, I'm sure they could have been waiting for a chance like this or of any kind, to bunk the series after their poor performance, they have nothing to play in the series now, so they decided to call it off the series. better luck next time England..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah they were waiting for something like this to happen 8-)