• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Players tournament 2010

Flem274*

123/5
Lol, we have a clear cut second best spinner?

Good on him though.

Auckland easily beats Rangiora for flattest track glory.

Flem274*

123/5
Sure it wasn't just Papps batting average deceiving you?:ph34r:

I'd be in shock if it was the best batting wicket.

Canterbury and Otago should switch home grounds for lolz.

Jezroy

State Captain
New Zealand's second best spinner picked up a 5fer too, Nick Beard was economical in the 20/20's without picking up wickets so he's another who is having a decent enough tournament. The quicker the selectors realise just how good he is the better because he's a infinitely better spinner then a certain someone.
Rubbish - Kane is the 2nd best spinner in the country.:ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I only watched Beard bowl in one 20/20 last year and thought he bowled an interesting line. He bowled on middle and leg and sometimes leg stump. Sometimes he got it wrong and bowled outside leg and got picked off. It was very negative but what do you expect in a 20/20 game I guess it is all about not getting smashed for six. Would hope that in his FC games he bowls a more attacking and inviting line.

Vettori in 20/20s bowls off stump to middle and off stump.

It could also just be that Beard's radar was off that day and he was trying to bowl off stump - but it seemed deliberately on that line.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unadkat has been on fire in the past few months. He definitely had something when I saw him in the U19 WC but I never knew it would bring him such rapid success in adult cricket.

Howsie

International Captain
Unadkat has been on fire in the past few months. He definitely had something when I saw him in the U19 WC but I never knew it would bring him such rapid success in adult cricket.
He's rather medium pace though right? .

Howsie

International Captain
Ah yes, my mistake. Although now that I've seen that clip I've realised that I have seen him bowl before :laugh: He was the young lad Wasim was talking up too iirc.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah yes, my mistake. Although now that I've seen that clip I've realised that I have seen him bowl before :laugh: He was the young lad Wasim was talking up too iirc.
Yes. Wasim is a KKR coach, I believe and I just hope he can give Unadkat some good advice about swing and going around the wicket to the great effect that Wasim utilised it.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yes. Wasim is a KKR coach, I believe and I just hope he can give Unadkat some good advice about swing and going around the wicket to the great effect that Wasim utilised it.
What, ruining Pathan wasn't enough? Great player doesn't necessarily equate to great coach.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah yes, my mistake.
Netravalkar, on the other hand, hasn't made his FC debut. I am interested to see what becomes of him, whether he fades like Argal (who was similar in that he was successful in the previous U19 WC, didn't get FC chance immediately and was a very medium new ball bowler) or really kicks on when he gets a chance.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What, ruining Pathan wasn't enough? Great player doesn't necessarily equate to great coach.
Did Wasim ruin Pathan? I seriously have not heard anything of the sort. Great player does not equal great coach, but great thinking bowler usually equals great thinking bowler's coach.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Did Wasim ruin Pathan? I seriously have not heard anything of the sort. Great player does not equal great coach, but great thinking bowler usually equals great thinking bowler's coach.
I'm blaming Wasim, and that's the story I'm sticking to :p Nah, seriously I think our bowlers are over coached. There's got to be a reason why the promising ones invariably start off decently and then fall back in line. I don't think it's merely a matter of being found out too. They even lose any pace thay had to start off with.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard the theory that Greg Chappell ruined Pathan by messing with his head and pushing him up the order when he should have been concentrating on his bowling.