• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Drafts being moved out of CC and into games

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I can't see if this has been discussed elsewhere. I'm not really for or against this but I think drafts bring a lot of people in to CC who then stay for cricket discussion.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it's a bad idea. Most of the time I join a draft it's because I've been in CC for other reasons. Half the stuff in CC is drafts and splitting the two is going to harm both CC discussions and draft participation.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those who enjoy being involved in drafts will soon come to terms with the new section.
Of course it's easy enough for existing drafts, but I pretty much stick to CC and having this subforum will almost certainly mean I don't sign up for drafts that interest me because of the separation.

It won't kill drafts and it won't kill CC, but when you split a subforum in half it hurts the activity on both.

Red

Those who enjoy being involved in drafts will soon come to terms with the new section.
My point is that it'll be detrimental to CC rather than detrimental to drafts. I'm fairly sure drafts keep quite a few people connected in CC.

This isn't meant to be a criticism of a decision, as I know drafts irritate non-drafters. Just a general concern that it'll decrease traffic and conversation in CC.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
See earlier discussion

After the survey of opinions we decided that this will be more readable and clear to other users. I will probably post a sticky in the cricket chat forum explaining a few things like this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On a side note, Off Topic, General Sports and the Politics forums are now Members only and don't show to Guests/Search Engine Bots.
If you could also stop them showing to Burgey that would be grand :ph34r:

Seriously though, I like these changes.

srbhkshk

International Captain
See earlier discussion

After the survey of opinions we decided that this will be more readable and clear to other users. I will probably post a sticky in the cricket chat forum explaining a few things like this.
Mags the first link has most of the people saying they would prefer it in cc.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I can't see if this has been discussed elsewhere. I'm not really for or against this but I think drafts bring a lot of people in to CC who then stay for cricket discussion.
Yeah with hardly any cricket action for many months, drafts kept me in CW.

Red

Thanks @Magrat Garlick , I hadn't seen any of those conversations before today when the threads got moved.

I get that drafts annoy some people in CC and I can understand why. Do think it's worthwhile moving forward seeing whether this has a bad impact on CC engagement, cos it'd be a shame if it did.