• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft - your selection must have a batting average close to the previous player's selection

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Vic Stollmeyer (96.00) will be my final selection please using my wildcard

Charter 77 Final XI

W. G. Grace (*) (6)
Jimmy Cook
Kane Williamson
Javed Miandad
Vic Stollmeyer
Mike Procter (2)
Kapil Dev (3)
Ravindra Jadeja (5)
Bob Taylor (+)
Clarrie Grimmett (4)
Fred Trueman (1)

Himannv

International Coach
Bob Simpson 5
Bill Ponsford
Don Bradman*
Brian Lara
Graeme Pollock
Steve Waugh
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Ray Lindwall 1
Ravi Ashwin 4
Fanie De Villiers 3
Brian Statham 2

Not sure if Lara bats 4 or Pollock.
How did these fools allow you to get away with this? :laugh:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've had a tremendous amount of good fortune come my way in this draft. Didn't get a single pick in the mid 30s except when I needed a keeper. Would've had to wildcard for that but didn't need to. As soon as I needed openers somebody wild carded to the mid 40s too. And if I'd been 1 pick away from Pothas's wild card I wouldn't have gotten Lindwall. Had planned on taking VVS as my final pick. Just stoked.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've had a tremendous amount of good fortune come my way in this draft. Didn't get a single pick in the mid 30s except when I needed a keeper. Would've had to wildcard for that but didn't need to. As soon as I needed openers somebody wild carded to the mid 40s too. And if I'd been 1 pick away from Pothas's wild card I wouldn't have gotten. Had planned on taking VVS as my final pick. Just stoked.
I think it was simply because JoJo did not use his wildcard properly. He probably wanted a F U to the rest and did not quite deliver it properly. Trundler took advantage. :)

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
@Red Hill now I've had a bit of time to sit down at laptop properly I've just realised my pick was ineligible - as Richards was more then 30 runs above previous pick - what should happen? My initial pick was going to be Justin Langer wildcard until I realised Richards was still available in previous page - although just now realised he was avaialble but not eligible

JOJOXI

I think it was simply because JoJo did not use his wildcard properly. He probably wanted a F U to the rest and did not quite deliver it properly. Trundler took advantage. :)
Not so much an F U as a case of needing an opener, picked Langer but then edited my pick almost instantly when I looked on previous page and saw Richards available, only realised after quite how much of a pain it was for next pick (although was always likely it would make only a few players available but thought it'd be a handful rather then literally 1

JOJOXI

Yh apologies for the hassle caused - initially loaded up list of most runs from positions 1 and 2 with the batting and chose Langer after seeing a few other preferred picks already picked then saw Barry Richards wasn't picked and kind of jumped the gun - wrote a brief write up with a couple spare mins and now gone back with more time and seen the last pick was in the 30s before mine.

My pick would've been Justin Langer (45.27) with remaining wildcard - will update my previous post to reflect change from Richards to Langer

JOJOXI

tbh, if you didn't point it out JoJo, I dont think any of us would have picked up on it. So for being such a gentleman, maybe we can let you keep Barry.

But DQ Trundler. :p **** supports 5 IPL teams but does not support mine. ?
Was loving the look of my top 3 but only fair to point out once noticed - Justin Langer whilst a definite downgrade hardly the worst option either.

Hoping one of Trundler's sides are the mighty RCB.