• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft - your selection must have a batting average close to the previous player's selection

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok, silly little idea for a draft to ease some lockdown boredom.

First participant will make their selection - any test cricketer in history (bar Bradman*).

Next selection and every selection thereafter must choose a player who is within 3 runs of the previous selection's batting average OR one of the two players either side of the previous selection's player in statsguru's all time test batting averages list (if no player is within three runs average and both players either side of the previous pick are already selected, the participant choosing must take the next available player by batting average, either up or down).

Example:

Player 1: takes Ramnaresh Sarwan (batting avg 40.01)

Player 2: can take the player either side of Sarwan in the batting avg list (in this case D'Oliveira or Edrich) OR any player with a batting average between 37.01 and 43.01

and so on...

"Wild" pick: Each participant has one "wild" selection that allows him/her to choose a player within 30 runs of the previously selected player, however using the wildcard means that participant drops to the end of the following round.

There are no breaks in the chain, so for people to select balanced XIs it's gonna be tricky.

Here is the list:

Batting averages

6 hours per pick to keep things moving along quickly, if you miss a turn you just select whenever you're next on and the immediate last pick made is the one the current player works with.

I'll post the entire randomised order once we have 10 or so players. Even rounds will be the reverse of the previous odd round, and the final round will also be completely randomised. If you can see any issues let me know.

* Bradman is available to any player should he be a viable selection, apart from the very first selection in the draft.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Pretty sure you would be able to with the wildcard -- no one's going to pick Ganteaume, MN Nawaz, or Vic Stollmeyer.
I think in theory you could do it if someone picked Barry Richards because you could go up by 30 runs. But I think in turn someone would likely have to wildcard in to Barry Richards

Red

I'm in.

I assuming you can't pick Bradman with the wildcard either?
You can pick Bradman with a wildcard, but the participant with the initial pick in the draft cannot pick Bradman.

I'm in. Am I right in thinking there are neither minimum no of tests/innings nor date restrictions?
No minimum tests or date restrictions, players have to have played at least one test to be in the list.

Red

R1
michaelf7777777
kingkallis
andrewb
ataraxia
teuton
weeman27bob
srbhkshk
honestbharani
stephen