• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft - your selection must have a batting average close to the previous player's selection

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Michaelf7777 can have 12 hours from now to pick anyone bar Bradman, from the time he makes his pick it's 6 hours per pick.

kingkallis

International Coach
I have a quick question. Suppose I pick a wild card.

Wildcard: Don Bradman

Now the next player have to pick from previous to wildcard pick or the average of this wildcard player?

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Guys, I have no intention to hold this but I want to utilise my Wildcard in this round hence the wait.

Red

What happens with skipped picks?
Good point. Sometimes it will be better tactically to be skipped.
I hadn't really thought this'll be a problem, but I see your point.

Given the nature of the draft, let's say that in the event someone times out, the next participant may choose to wait for them to pick and not actually be timed out themselves. Or they may choose to pick straight away and the timed out player can pick when they next come on. The next selection must always be made based on the most recent player picked's average, regardless of the draft order posted.

If after a time out, the next player listed on the order chooses to wait for the timed out player to pick, they should @ them in a post indicating this. If someone deliberately uses this as a tactic, and there's been no pick for 24 hours, they'll go to the bottom of the current round, and the bottom of the following round. I am assuming most people log onto here at least once every 24 hours. Essentially I think this means no one can use strategic time outs if they dont like the players on offer for their turn.

Does that make sense?

Red

I have a quick question. Suppose I pick a wild card.

Wildcard: Don Bradman

Now the next player have to pick from previous to wildcard pick or the average of this wildcard player?
If you use your wildcard to choose Bradman, Bradman becomes the current player and therefore the next participant's selection will be made from the batting average of 99.94.

kingkallis

International Coach
I hadn't really thought this'll be a problem, but I see your point.

Given the nature of the draft, let's say that in the event someone times out, the next participant may choose to wait for them to pick and not actually be timed out themselves. Or they may choose to pick straight away and the timed out player can pick when they next come on. The next selection must always be made based on the most recent player picked's average, regardless of the draft order posted.

If after a time out, the next player listed on the order chooses to wait for the timed out player to pick, they should @ them in a post indicating this. If someone deliberately uses this as a tactic, and there's been no pick for 24 hours, they'll go to the bottom of the current round, and then next round. I am assuming most people log onto here at least once every 24 hours. Essentially I think this means no one can use strategic time outs if they dont like the players on offer for their turn.

Does that make sense?
Naah this does not solve it. The timed out player timed out in the first place to avoid picking from the previous one.

The best way is to get rid of timeouts from this draft.

Red

If anyone times out, just make them still pick based on the previous player according to the draft order. So there is no benefit to stalling.
this may still give someone an unfair advantage as the player following them might have to pick a dud and when they come to pick the dud that might've been their only option has already been selected they can choose someone else.

Red

Naah this does not solve it. The timed out player timed out in the first place to avoid picking from the previous one.

The best way is to get rid of timeouts from this draft.
you may be right here.

ok, there are no time outs in this draft, there is no 6 hour rule. the order will just be followed exactly as it is, regardless how long the draft takes.

in the event someone hasn't been seen for a few days, we'll just drop them from the order

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
this may still give someone an unfair advantage as the player following them might have to pick a dud and when they come to pick the dud that might've been their only option has already been selected they can choose someone else.
I am not sure I get this. What I mean is, if I pick a player with batting average 17, and you are next but you stall. The guy after that has to pick someone with 20 or 14. But whenever you do rock up, you still have to pick someone with 14 or 20 and you will be all the worse for it as maybe the obvious pick is already taken.