• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DRAFT WINNERS - CricketWeb Honour Board

watson

Banned
DRAFT WINNERS HONOUR BOARD
(Please enter the Draft's details at the completion of the Draft)

1. April 2014: The Best of Each Decade Birthday Draft
WINNER: POTHAS
Runner-Up: Watson
Draft Manager: Watson

Winning Team
01. Roy Fredericks
02. Warren Bardsley
03. Hashim Amla
04. Kumar Ranjitsinjhi
05. Frank Worrell*
06. Keith Miller
07. Ian Botham
08. Jock Cameron+
09. Shane Warne
10. Frank Tyson
11. Muttiah Muralitharan
12th. Arthur Carr

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Shouldn't be too hard to find the old Cricket Web draft league if required….

watson

Banned
Makes people become hyper-competitive, and therefore takes the fun out of drafting? Could be a consideration that I didn't think of.

Personally, I just like looking back at the previous winners/winning teams and their various combinations

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I have no vested interest, don't think I've ever won one!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's no real way to 'win' a draft on here IMO. If you highlight the results of the polls too much then people will start drafting to appease the people who tend to vote on the polls. I'd have no issue with the drafts here being ultra-competitive if there was a tangible way to measure the result, but there's not.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this could be quite entertaining and would encourage Watson to go as far back as he can and collate all the results, not just list the winners - this would throw up at least one anomaly that being that although in my own mind I am brilliant at drafts I suspect an analysis would show that, in terms of votes cast, I am the least successful of everyone

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think that if Watson could list all the winning draft teams in this thread it could be quite interesting from an analysis perspective. I suspect that shane warne will feature in most teams where he is eligible (but I could be mistaken).

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think that if Watson could list all the winning draft teams in this thread it could be quite interesting from an analysis perspective. I suspect that shane warne will feature in most teams where he is eligible (but I could be mistaken).
I don't know. Elite players are more likely to feature in winning teams from drafts that had fewer participants. You'd need to standardize for participant sizes for such data to make meaningful sense, which is impossible.

watson

Banned
There's no real way to 'win' a draft on here IMO. If you highlight the results of the polls too much then people will start drafting to appease the people who tend to vote on the polls. I'd have no issue with the drafts here being ultra-competitive if there was a tangible way to measure the result, but there's not.
I think that the opposite is true PEWS as one only has to look at Pothas' team. I don't recall Warren Bardsley being picked before, let alone being part of a winning team. Amla and Ranji are a most unfashionable combination at 3 & 4, and I don't think that Tyson has spearheaded an attack before.

So by advertising Pothas' team and other ones like it, the untrendy players can become trendy. This is a good thing as they deserve it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think the winner of the Draft league should get a longer post on the honours board to recognise their great and arduous achievement. That contest must have lasted for over 6 months. In fact all participants who lasted to the end of it should be listed.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I think that the opposite is true PEWS as one only has to look at Pothas' team. I don't recall Warren Bardsley being picked before, let alone being part of a winning team. Amla and Ranji are a most unfashionable combination at 3 & 4, and I don't think that Tyson has spearheaded an attack before.

So by advertising Pothas' team and other ones like it, the untrendy players can become trendy. This is a good thing as they deserve it.
And here we get into the reasons behind peoples votes. I only thought Pothas team was of middling strength, but i still voted for it because it was far and away the coolest side on display.