• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

ataraxia

International Coach
To discuss draft ideas and when to play them.

Generally there should be 1–2 drafts ongoing at any one time.

ataraxia

International Coach
One idea I have is doing a normal test draft (Season 1) with no constraints and then doing a Season 2 of the draft with the constraint being that all players picked in Season 1 are ruled ineligible for Season 2. When Season 3 comes around all players picked in Season 1 and 2 are ineligible for the new draft, etc.

Inspired by this draft by @cnerd123. I'm happy to have a Season 2 of that instead, BTW.

cnerd123

likes this
One idea I have is doing a normal test draft (Season 1) with no constraints and then doing a Season 2 of the draft with the constraint being that all players picked in Season 1 are ruled ineligible for Season 2. When Season 3 comes around all players picked in Season 1 and 2 are ineligible for the new draft, etc.

Inspired by this draft by @cnerd123. I'm happy to have a Season 2 of that instead, BTW.
I totally forgot about that draft haha. Definitely proceed with season 2, would be interesting.

ataraxia

International Coach
Interested in soliciting others' opinions on whether we continue with cnerd's draft or create a new series of drafts.

ataraxia

International Coach
Also I'm thinking of a draft where you get your pick based on the number of tests your previous pick has played. Would like to hear suggestions about fine tuning that
Gonna reply to this here because I want this thread to get some use.

Sounds quite similar to Budget Draft Revised. Could make it a varied order draft, could make it "your next pick has to have played more tests than your last" varied order, a lot of options there. I'd prefer the varied order ones over the others.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gonna reply to this here because I want this thread to get some use.

Sounds quite similar to Budget Draft Revised. Could make it a varied order draft, could make it "your next pick has to have played more tests than your last" varied order, a lot of options there. I'd prefer the varied order ones over the others.
I had a varied order in mind also. Picking a guy who played fewer tests will get you an earlier pick, guys with very long careers obviously tend to be ATGs so there's a nice trade off there

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
@trundler - when are you planning to run your draft? Had an idea for a similar reverse chronology draft as Ataraxia did for 21st century players only - I might start in a couple days but I'll hold off if you are planning on running this draft in near future.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi all, the increasing number of tests draft is the first one I have played now and so I don't have much experience on this. But just a suggestion from my side.

While we all play and create the teams with fun, people outside the draft players are unaware of it. Can we create a thread in the main forum just to announce the voting once a draft ends, so that people who don't play the game also vote on the teams? Please suggest.

It can also actually pull in new players like me who are unaware of the game till now.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I have an idea for another draft but I'm too ashamed to run one now
I have an idea for a draft too.

Test record-breakers draft.

1. The record should be at an international level and not at a country level
2. He cannot be second best or third best. The person should have held the record at international level at that point of time while it is fine if it has been broken later
3. Record can be either batting, bowling, fielding or keeping record
4. Each drafter states the person along with the record
5. Record can be anything from highest batting average, runs, bowling average, catches, stumpings, econ rate, strike rate etc. etc.

Will it be interesting? Has this been done before?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I have an idea for a draft too.

Test record-breakers draft.

1. The record should be at an international level and not at a country level
2. He cannot be second best or third best. The person should have held the record at international level at that point of time while it is fine if it has been broken later
3. Record can be either batting, bowling, fielding or keeping record
4. Each drafter states the person along with the record
5. Record can be anything from highest batting average, runs, bowling average, catches, stumpings, econ rate, strike rate etc. etc.

Will it be interesting? Has this been done before?
Just to clarify for example, batsman to score most runs in SENA is an acceptable record but most runs in SENA by an Indian batsman is not acceptable since it then becomes country level.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Planning to draft a T20 auction once couple of current drafts are over.

And the t20 auction can also contain players who have never played t20. Upto one's imagination on how they would have fared in this format.