• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

ataraxia

International Coach

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The draft for 2022 is in progress but the Quiz based draft seems to have stalled.

I'm proposing what I call "An Orderly Draft".

The rules are straightforward:

ORDERLY TEST DRAFT

This Draft has participants selecting their team in batting order, though the bowlers can be adjusted in the batting order when naming the final team.

Rounds 1 and 2 participants select their openers.

Rounds 3 and 4 participants select their number 3 and 4 bats. (First chosen doesn’t have to bat at 3 as 3 and 4 are interchangeable)

Rounds 5 and 6 participants select a batsman and an all-rounder. (Batting positions 5 & 6 interchangeable)

Rounds 7 and 8 participants select a wicketkeeper and a spinner. (Keeper bats 7, spinner 8-11)

Rounds 9, 10 and 11 participants select either 3 pace bowlers or 2 pace bowlers and another spinner.

Bradman IS available BUT there is a HUGE penalty to pay in the later draft order.

Odd numbered Rounds 1-9 are randomly generated. Even numbered Rounds 2-10 are the reverse of the odd rounds. Round 11 is drawn according to previous rounds with the most disadvantaged selecting first.

I was hoping to start this draft after Christmas but, if there is enough current interest, I'll start when we have a minimum of 8 participants.
Interested?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The draft for 2022 is in progress but the Quiz based draft seems to have stalled.

I'm proposing what I call "An Orderly Draft".

The rules are straightforward:

ORDERLY TEST DRAFT

This Draft has participants selecting their team in batting order, though the bowlers can be adjusted in the batting order when naming the final team.

Rounds 1 and 2 participants select their openers.

Rounds 3 and 4 participants select their number 3 and 4 bats. (First chosen doesn’t have to bat at 3 as 3 and 4 are interchangeable)

Rounds 5 and 6 participants select a batsman and an all-rounder. (Batting positions 5 & 6 interchangeable)

Rounds 7 and 8 participants select a wicketkeeper and a spinner. (Keeper bats 7, spinner 8-11)

Rounds 9, 10 and 11 participants select either 3 pace bowlers or 2 pace bowlers and another spinner.

Bradman IS available BUT there is a HUGE penalty to pay in the later draft order.

Odd numbered Rounds 1-9 are randomly generated. Even numbered Rounds 2-10 are the reverse of the odd rounds. Round 11 is drawn according to previous rounds with the most disadvantaged selecting first.

I was hoping to start this draft after Christmas but, if there is enough current interest, I'll start when we have a minimum of 8 participants.
Interested?
I am in. But you can consider adding some challenge in it. As of now, this will be hugely based on luck based on the random generator since most of us have an idea of the order of best ATG players in each position.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I am in. But you can consider adding some challenge in it. As of now, this will be hugely based on luck based on the random generator since most of us have an idea of the order of best ATG players in each position.
Reversing the order of odd rounds addresses part of the luck aspect. eg if there are 8 participants would you prefer having the 1st and 16th choice opener or the 8th and 9th? I'll work on a system that might minimise the luck aspect while the list of participants comes in. It might be some sort of sliding scale so that all contestants have a top 2 pick in each of the odd numbered drafts.

Himannv

International Coach
How do you qualify someone as an opener? Majority of the games playing there or something?

Can you pick a number 3 or 4 at 5?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The idea is to pick players best suited for and experienced in each position. A batsman who normally batted at 3 or 4 could be selected to bat at 5 as long as they had batted there previously - preferably more than just once or twice.

Teuton

International Captain
I think the idea needs another dimension. shuffling the top 100 or so players just results in very even teams

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Would be interested, would be nice to have a clear stipulation to qualify for each batting position - just as a random eg - batsman must have played 25% of their innings at said batting position or something like that

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I've taken the comments on board and am posting this draft in its own thread.

Mods, feel free to delete this and the above posts as they will have their own site.