• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Jadeja make your India ATG XI?

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
For same reason Zaheer is preferred over Srinath. Asian teams need overseas bully more than Home bully .
Zaheer is preferred I thought for being left handed. My point is, Zaheer wasn't thrash at home and Srinath at home McGrath; but if we are really comparing a bowler only good away against two frankly decent oppositions and struggle constantly at home; I would take the one better at home, as we are expected to play around half the matches there. The gap between them at home is significantly big imo to not be overcome with some decent performances away. Like, Zaheer and Srinath might be close, but Zaheer and Shami is clearly Shami for me

Sunil1z

International Regular
Zaheer is preferred I thought for being left handed. My point is, Zaheer wasn't thrash at home and Srinath at home McGrath; but if we are really comparing a bowler only good away against two frankly decent oppositions and struggle constantly at home; I would take the one better at home, as we are expected to play around half the matches there. The gap between them at home is significantly big imo to not be overcome with some decent performances away. Like, Zaheer and Srinath might be close, but Zaheer and Shami is clearly Shami for me
Have you checked home averages of Zaheer/Srinath?DF70C15C-2A56-440C-80CC-0A59E7ABA51E.jpeg

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
The compromise is whether to go with your best bowler, including Kumble, meaning potentially no spot for Jadeja, or more lower order batting and leave Kumble.

Feel kinda sad for cricket pre-Kohli era that only Kapil is good enough to come as a bowler, and he too based on being an all-rounder.
Feel kinda sad for England that only 1 (2 on a cloudy day) players from the last 30 years would make their XI.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Do you guys not see the implications of a 26 vs 35 average difference at home where you played half your matches? The difference between them in SENA is literally negligible and probably favors Srinath if you taken into account that Zaheer had Nehra, Sreesanth, RP, Irfan, Munaf etc as bowling partners.

Srinath had Kuruvila and Salvi.

If you think bowling partners do not matter then feel free to check averages of Shami, Ishant, Umesh before Bumrah's debut and after.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
Zaheer between 2007-2011 was an extremely lethal pacer. Zak averages 31 away on comparatively more flatter decks while Srinath averages 35 away on pretty balanced pitches in 90s. I would say both Zak and Srinath are at same level and due to being a left armer, Zak can get an advantage or else one can pick Srinath too but they are still at same level only.

Ishant is below both and Yadav is not at the same level.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you guys not see the implications of a 26 vs 35 average difference at home where you played half your matches? The difference between them in SENA is literally negligible and probably favors Srinath if you taken into account that Zaheer had Nehra, Sreesanth, RP, Irfan, Munaf etc as bowling partners.

Srinath had Kuruvila and Salvi.

If you think bowling partners do not matter then feel free to check averages of Shami, Ishant, Umesh before Bumrah's debut and after.
Yeah but lets be realistic India will play most of their hypothetical ATG games away from home - everyone’s gonna wanna watch the top teams play in their own backyards, not India.

GirthQuake

Zaheer between 2007-2011 was an extremely lethal pacer. Zak averages 31 away on comparatively more flatter decks while Srinath averages 35 away on pretty balanced pitches in 90s. I would say both Zak and Srinath are at same level and due to being a left armer, Zak can get an advantage or else one can pick Srinath too but they are still at same level only.

Ishant is below both and Yadav is not at the same level.
The absolute state of these Zaheer (they call him Zak! :laugh:) fans.

In career spanning 15 years, the man had 3 decent years. You somehow club these three years in a 5 year chunk and anoint him as above Ishant and Umesh.

Ishant has a similar average as ''away bully'' Zaheer. And a body of work that's far more even and consistent.

GirthQuake

Yeah but lets be realistic India will play most of their hypothetical ATG games away from home - everyone’s gonna wanna watch the top teams play in their own backyards, not India.
There are no ATG games taking place brother. Its about as useful as calculating Laker's average in the noughties. Excellent for coping and m@sturbatory purposes.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
The absolute state of these Zaheer (they call him Zak! :laugh:) fans.

In career spanning 15 years, the man had 3 decent years. You somehow club these three years in a 5 year chunk and anoint him as above Ishant and Umesh.

Ishant has a similar average as ''away bully'' Zaheer. And a body of work that's far more even and consistent.
So what? Do you have any idea of the pitches on which Ishant bowled compared to the pitches on which Zak bowled? You probably don't, there is no comparison between the two. Zak( yeah heard it right) is light years ahead of Ishant. :laugh:

Zaheer won his team a test series in England and won player of the series award. What did Ishant and Srinath won lol? :D

Srinath won us zero tests overseas in 90s. Yeah ofcourse let's pick Srinath so that we don't win any test overseas lol.:laugh:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
There are no ATG games taking place brother. Its about as useful as calculating Laker's average in the noughties. Excellent for coping and m@sturbatory purposes.
Considering we’re talking about hypothetical ATG teams I’d assume we’d be having hypothetical matches between these hypothetical ATG teams rather than hypothetical matches between these hypothetical ATG teams and real historical or current teams. Hypothetically of course.

GirthQuake

Considering we’re talking about hypothetical ATG teams I’d assume we’d be having hypothetical matches between these hypothetical ATG teams rather than hypothetical matches between these hypothetical ATG teams and real historical or current teams. Hypothetically of course.
Problem with generating and consuming so much of hypothetical ''good stuff'' is that you'd end up with junkies who cannot handle the possibility of Bradman or whoever being a bitch of Jadeja just the way ponting was for bhajji. Gotta watchout.

GirthQuake

So what? Do you have any idea of the pitches on which Ishant bowled compared to the pitches on which Zak bowled? You probably don't, there is no comparison between the two. Zak( yeah heard it right) is light years ahead of Ishant. :laugh:

Zaheer won his team a test series in England and won player of the series award. What did Ishant and Srinath won lol? :D

Srinath won us zero tests overseas in 90s. Yeah ofcourse let's pick Srinath so that we don't win any test overseas lol.:laugh:
Oh dear. We got a triggered ZAK fan who's offering us ''so what?''. Thanks for coming.

Socerer 01

International Captain

how dare Srinath didnt win an overseas test for India with the mighty fine support of Kuruvilla and Venky Prasad to aid him

Socerer 01

International Captain
For same reason Zaheer is preferred over Srinath. Asian teams need overseas bully more than Home bully .
i still dont understand why this is a thing, i dont see sena teams picking their sides based exclusively on how they would perform in Asia or in a particular country/region