• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Jadeja make your India ATG XI?

subshakerz

International Coach
What Sunil1z said. The difference in bowling isn't big regardless of who you hold superior, and given Ashwin is overall a better bat it seems fine. Get to make up for the 'weakened' 7 you could say in terms of batting.
Is Kumble better than Jadeja as a bowler?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Is Kumble better than Jadeja as a bowler?
Definitely, Jadeja will add more value to an ATG Indian side. He is an unselfish bowler. He can hold up an end for Ashwin if required and gets through his overs quickly ..Then you throw in his batting and world class fielding then that is exactly what is needed , bar Kohli not a lot of great outfielders in the ATG Indian Test team.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is it? Looking at the most recent CW poll on spinners, 9 of the top 12 - Warne, O’Reilly, Laker, Grimmett, Verity, Tayfield, Underwood, Gibbs and Benaud - were from outside the SC, vs the 3 from within the SC - Murali, Kumble and Ashwin.
No idea about CW poll but save for Warne, and passable exception of Benaud and Gibbs, all of them are from amateur era for whom there's not enough footage. There's only word of mouth and bare stats. Yeah, not taking that list seriously.

I mean I am supposed to take the claim of Hugh Tayfield being some irresistible spin demon when all South Africa have given is Paul Harris and Pat Symcox since readmission. Please.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
No idea about CW poll but save for Warne, and passable exception of Benaud and Gibbs, all of them are from amateur era for whom there's not enough footage. There's only word of mouth and bare stats. Yeah, not taking that list seriously.

I means I am supposed to take the claim of Hugh Tayfield being some irresistible spin demon when all they have given is Paul Harris and Pat Symcox since readmission. Please.
Ah, you’re one of those, forgive me. I had no idea.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Definitely, Jadeja will add more value to an ATG Indian side. He is an unselfish bowler. He can hold up an end for Ashwin if required and gets through his overs quickly ..Then you throw in his batting and world class fielding then that is exactly what is needed , bar Kohli not a lot of great outfielders in the ATG Indian Test team.
Kapil was pretty awesome

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not in my top 10 of Indian fielders , good but not great ..Guys like Kaif, Ajay Jadeja , Ravindra Jadeja, Kohli ..These are elite level
Kapil was Ravindra Jadeja of fielders before there was Jadeja. Quick in outfield, bucket hands and a 100 percent safe catcher.

Both Kohli and Kaif were dogsh1t catchers.