• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anybody else have a second test playing nation?

tony p

First Class Debutant
Ireland & Zimbabwe.
Zim were terrific back in the day of the Flower brothers, Goodwin, Paul Strang, Streak, Neil Johnson, Irvine, Olonga etc. They were so watchable back then, and pretty useful too.
Ireland needed Test cricket 6 or 7 years ago, when Joyce was in his prime & Murtagh was younger.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@cnerd123 I know it's a meme round here that you support everyone, but who's your primary team?
He says his order is Hong Kong, Bangladesh and then India. I don't buy it though. He refers to Bangladesh as we in a wc and supports it v India and next match after banlga is out, starts referring to India as we.

Plus, he posts far more re India than Bangladesh. I can understand the support for Hong Kong as he lives there ftr but not sure re Bangladesh over India at all, or calling all three as ''we'.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I enjoyed the Hong Kong sixes back in the day. One of the English players played for Hong Kong and drew a crowd..

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He says his order is Hong Kong, Bangladesh and then India. I don't buy it though. He refers to Bangladesh as we in a wc and supports it v India and next match after banlga is out, starts referring to India as we.

Plus, he posts far more re India than Bangladesh. I can understand the support for Hong Kong as he lives there ftr but not sure re Bangladesh over India at all, or calling all three as ''we'.
Personally I wouldn't refer to any international team as "we" unless I was actually playing my self or heavily involved

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Personally I wouldn't refer to any international team as "we" unless I was actually playing my self or heavily involved
Same. I think I acidentally do it sometimes anyway so I can totally see how people fall into it, but I think it's cringe in a non-judgmental way. I try not to.

ma1978

International 12th Man
I am an India fan, but South Africa is definitely my second team. So many great players in my living memory.

Clive Rice (he was a spent force by the time I watched him, but the legend was always there)
Donald
Kirsten
Zulu
Kallis (never liked him as much as the rest)
Steyn
Amla
De Villiers
Rabada
Boucher

etc
etc

And very knowledgeable thoughtful fans

I also like the West Indies and would root for them against anyone else

England First

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Quite a mixed bag in the reply’s. West Indies and Sri Lanka seem the most popular second teams. Everyone apart from Pakistan got a mention I think. And Pakistan have had some seriously good players over the years.