• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anybody else have a second test playing nation?

England First

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Do you have a second country that you support when your main team aren’t playing?

I do. India are my second team. I have no connection to India and no Indian friends. I’m a white Englishman. It all comes from growing up watching the great Indian team with Dravid tendulkar sehwag VVS kumble harbajan. I was and still him a huge Dravid fan. Favourite non English player of all time. Still have his britannia bat. Classic.But it’s also because I find India as a country fascinating. I’d love to go there. Cricket is an obsession out there. Just like it is for me really. The crazy crowds, brilliant defensive batsman, spinning wickets, way its so different to England in every way, are all things that make me like Indian cricket.

I do flirt with a few other nations like New Zealand, the present team are amazing and the Hadlee era and I’ve watched hours of YouTube footage of the 70s and 80s West Indies sides.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I tend to follow underdog teams, in addition to underdog team.

So, I am currently gravitating towards SL because I invested some time today and watched the Lanka Premier League final...got to see some new faces...and honestly there are some really great players in SL.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really. I have a rough stack, with NZ and Bang nearer the top and India and SA nearer the bottom, but usually it's whoever I dislike the least.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe and Ireland. Tendency to also support underdog style teams when not play Australia.

aussie tragic

International Captain
West Indies, which was more from watching their dominance in 80's and 90's. Now I just feel sorry for them and hope they get better