• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anybody else have a second test playing nation?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a mixed bag in the reply’s. West Indies and Sri Lanka seem the most popular second teams. Everyone apart from Pakistan got a mention I think. And Pakistan have had some seriously good players over the years.
Pakistan is easily my second team.

How can anyone not love that team

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as I am concerned I don't see how anybody can support two teams that are in direct competition. Am definitely somewhat of a Namibia fan, but that is when they are against teams in their vauge sort of tier as an uppet mid level assosciate team. If they were to play Australia in an ICC event we all know which way that would go, but the fact that Namibia even qualified for such an event would still be pleasing

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Glenn McGrath likes this post
TBF McGrath would have destroyed most established batting lineups the way he was bowling, the Namibians didn't stand a chance. He was just that good. The England game was better, Namibia were running them close for about two thirds of the chase thanks largely to Jan-Berrie Burger giving the ball a fair whack for 85

The 2003 World Cup in general holds so many brilliant memories, was too young to remember all the politics of the event, but the cricket played was largely excellent

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF McGrath would have destroyed most established batting lineups the way he was bowling, the Namibians didn't stand a chance. He was just that good. The England game was better, Namibia were running them close for about two thirds of the chase thanks largely to Jan-Berrie Burger giving the ball a fair whack for 85

The 2003 World Cup in general holds so many brilliant memories, was too young to remember all the politics of the event, but the cricket played was largely excellent
It's the World Cup that I remember most of as well. So many great moments and was the intersection of the careers of a lot of truly great players.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Always so high drama
lolworthy management
yet still somehow always competitive with even the best teams of any era
and always seem to pull good bowlers out of their backsides even as their established ones shoot themselves in the foot or get banned or do somethings stupid