• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diminishing Draft

Charles Macartney to bat at #3 and 5th bowler,Slow left arm Orthodox.45 Wkts at 27.55.

The team-
Bill Lawry
-
Charles Macartney
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Clive Llyod*
Rishabh Pant+
Keith Miller
Imran Khan
Mike Procter
Tiger O’Reilly

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
PlayersRound 1Round 2 Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10
1CricaddictMalcolm MarshallSteve SmithAdam GilchristSir Alec BedserJeff ThomsonHedley VerityAubrey FaulknerSaeed AnwarGlenn TurnerDouglas Jardine
2ataraxiaGlenn McGrathAllan DonaldClarrie GrimmettAndy RobertsVirender SehwagMohammad YousufMartin CroweLindsay HassettEddie BarlowVijay Hazare
3honestbharaniMuttiah MuralitharanAlastair CookJames AndersonKapil DevMichael ClarkeMitch JohnsonAravinda De SilvaYasir ShahJonny Bairstow (wk)Michael Slater
4ankitjRichard HadleeJoel GarnerJack HobbsSydney BarnesFrank WorrellDudley NourseStan McCabeLes AmesSubhash GupteBill Ponsford
5TeutonRicky PontingCourtney WalshRavi AshwinAlan DavidsonMahela JayawardeneJasprit BumrahJustin LangerTed DexterBabar AzamJeff Dujon
6FullerPilchWasim AkramDennis LilleeAB De VilliersJim LakerKane WilliamsonBobby SimpsonShakib Al HasanMarnus LabuschagneWG GraceMartin Donnelly
7BitmapJacques KallisAllan BorderMichael HoldingGraeme SmithShoaib AkhtarDenis ComptonVictor TrumperHugh TrumblePeter PollockJohn Waite
8Line and LengthDale SteynK.SangakkaraIan BothamMatthew HaydenAlec StewartVirat KohliGary KirstenMike HusseyLance GibbsAndrew Flintoff
9srbhkshkSachin TendulkarWaqar YounisDerek UnderwoodYounis KhanGraham GoochKen BarringtonKagiso RabadaQuinton De KockRanjitsinhjiVijay Merchant
10trundlerCurtly AmbroseSunil GavaskarPat CumminsJaved MiandadHugh TayfieldRohan KanhaiNeil AdcockHanif MohammadClem HillWarwick Armstrong
11PothasGary SobersWally HammondGreg ChappellEverton WeekesAlan KnottArthur MorrisBruce MitchellAnil KumbleBob WillisJohn Snow
12JOJOXIShane WarneRahul DravidRay LindwallShivnarine ChanderpaulIan BishopHarold LarwoodBen StokesMS DhoniConrad HunteNorm O'Neill
13shortpitched713Shaun PollockJoe RootAndy FlowerHerbert SutcliffePeter MayRavindra JadejaVernon PhilanderTony GreigColin McDonaldJack Gregory
14kingkallisViv RichardsFred TruemanGeoffrey BoycottRichie BenaudGordon GreenidgeWes HallNeil HarveyDoug WaltersColin CroftBJ Watling
15AndrewBBrian LaraSteve WaughLen HuttonClyde WalcottGraeme PollockGeorge HeadleyBarry RichardsBrian StathamMaurice TateMonty Noble
16PatienceImran KhanKeith MillerTiger O’ReillyMike ProcterInzamam-ul-HaqKevin PietersenClive LloydBill LawryRishabh PantCharles Macartney

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Alastair Cook
Michael Slater
-
Aravinda De Silva
Michael Clarke (c)
Jonny Bairstow (wk)
Kapil Dev (vc)
Yasir Shah
Mitchell Johnson
Muttiah Muralitharan
James Anderson

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ryan Harris

Final XI

01 WG Grace (c) 4
02 Bob Simpson 7
03 Kane Williamson
04 Marnus Labuschagne
05 Martin Donnelly
06 AB De Villiers (wk)
07 Shakib Al Hasan 6
08 Wasim Akram 1
09 Ryan Harris 3
10 Jim Laker 5
11 Dennis Lillee 2

Very happy with this side - 8 ATGs (including the one and only WG), 1 future one in Marnus, and 2 who would've been but for short careers in Donnelly and Harris.

Amazing opening pair, very strong middle order and tail, and superb allround bowling attack including a ridiculously good spin attack. Gun fielding side too with Donnelly and Marnus in the ring, Simpson at slip, and Williamson in the gully. Might have to hide WG though!

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Christopher Cairns to bat at No.7 and do the duty of 4th fast bowler

CricZo XI

Gordon Greenidge/
Geoffrey Boycott /
Neil Harvey /
Viv Richards / o
Doug Walters / o
BJ Watling / +
Chris Cairns / o
Richie Benaud o / (c)
Wes Hall o
Fred Trueman o
Colin Croft o

Write-up coming soon!

srbhkshk

International Captain
G Gooch
V Merchant
K Barrington
S Tendulkar
Y Khan
Ranjitsinhji
Q De Kock +
K Rabada
D Underwood
W Younis
M Asif

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
M.Hayden /
G.Kirsten /
K.Sangakarra /
V.Kohli /
M.Hussey /
A.Stewart (wk) /
A.Flintoff /o
I.Botham o/
D.Steyn o
F.Tyson o
L.Gibbs o

I was frustrated a number of times when my intended selections went a couple of picks before mine - but that's the game.

I'm happy enough with this line-up. Two well credentialed openers followed by 3 run machines. Keeper Stewart and all-rounders Flintoff and Botham give great depth to the batting and are great support for opening bowlers Steyn and Tyson. Gibbs is a reliable spinner who has provided great support for speedsters in the past.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunil Gavaskar
Hanif Mohammad
Rohan Kanhai
Javed Miandad
Clem Hill*
Warwick Armstrong 5
Denis Lindsay+
Pat Cummins 3
Hugh Tayfield 4
Curtly Ambrose 1
Neil Adcock 2

Two legendary openers to see off the new ball and rob bowlers of their will to live. The middle order is filled with blokes who score quickly by contrast and I've got a well rounded pace attack and spinners who turn the ball either way.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nourse and Younis were the most frustrating near misses for me. I was on plan Z towards the end and one more near miss away from an existential crisis.

srbhkshk

International Captain
So writeup

G Gooch
V Merchant
K Barrington
S Tendulkar
Y Khan
Ranjitsinhji
Q De Kock +
K Rabada
D Underwood
W Younis
M Asif

This is basically an anti-hb side at it's finest, these guys don't care about secondary **** but they are some of the best at the primary skill sets of bowling, batting, fielding (? I have no clue), ball tampering, fixing etc. Also this is one rad middle order (I think )