• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diminishing Draft Voting thread

Please vote for the best 6 teams in your opinion out of the below 16 teams

• The addicts

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Fuller Pilch

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • CricZO XI

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • srbhkshk

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Line and Length

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • trundler

• Bitmap

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • ataraxia

• ankitj

• The All Conditions All-Rounders

• Honest Hunks

• Pothas

• AndrewB

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Teuton

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Patience

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • JOJOXI

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
WG Grace 4 (c)
Bob Simpson 7
Kane Williamson
Marnus Labuschagne
Martin Donnelly
AB De Villiers (wk)
Shakib Al Hasan 6
Wasim Akram 1
Ryan Harris 3
Jim Laker 5
Dennis Lillee 2

Very happy with this side - 8 ATGs (including the one and only WG), 1 future one in Marnus, and 2 who would've been but for short careers in Donnelly and Harris.

Amazing opening pair, very strong middle order and tail, and superb all round bowling attack including a ridiculously good spin attack. Gun fielding side too with Donnelly and Marnus in the ring, Simpson at slip, and Williamson in the gully. Might have to hide WG though!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
2 more pieces of trivia on my team, that is sure to (probably not) sway votes:

1) I arranged a batting lineup, such that from 4-11, each subsequent batsman alternates righty/lefty/righty... etc. This is sure to create a match-winning nuisance for fielders and bowlers alike, who have never encountered such a novel tactic during their storied careers...
2) My middle order is the greenest, most plant themed out of all those assembled, being in order May, Root, Flower. Forget about any planning and analysis I was putting into these picks, subconciously I think my brain was just tired of winter, and yearning for the coming of spring...
Your team's tagline should be "Ozone Friendliest side"

Last edited:
The team-
Bill Lawry
Stewie Dempster
Charles Macartney
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Clive Llyod*
Rishabh Pant+
Keith Miller
Imran Khan
Mike Procter
Tiger O’Reilly

My team attack is led by Tiger O’Reilly whom lots of Great cricketer,who saw have regarded as the best bowler of all time.The best example is that of Bradman who didn’t have good relationship with O’Reilly,still regarded O’Reilly as the best bowler of all time and he wasn’t someone to give any compliment lightly as he himself was such a great player.

The attack consist of 3 ATG Allrounder,firstly Imran Khan who had the best bowling peak of all time.As well as being a decent batsman.Imran will take the new ball.

Mike Procter someone who did put up ATG numbers against any great team he played against,when given the chance will take the new ball with Imran.Despite holding the record of most FC century in a row Procter bats at 10.

The other all-rounder is Keith Miller.What can you say about a man who just had everything??The most rounded all-rounder in history.

The strength of the team is having batting lineup till 10 with only Mr.O’Reilly being selected for his pure bowling ability.And the batting line up doesn’t affect bowling at all as the bowling consists of Procter,Imran,Miller and O’Reilly.And Macartney 45@27.55 as 5th bowler.

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
My team's strength lies in my 5 ATG bowlers.. Led by the best bowler of all-time, Marshall, he has 4 other best of the ATG bowlers to support with Thomson providing the pace, Bedser bowling the hard overs, Verity and Faulkner then combining to strangle the teams with their quality left-arm spin and leg spin combination. To me, this attack has it all to succeed in all conditions. Plus, they can all hold a bat too.

Having said that, the batting is no slouch either. It will be led by one of the best batsmen of all-time, Steve Smith and unarguably best keeper-bat, Adam Gilchrist. Anwar and Turner are the best openers of their respective countries and Duleepsinghji with a test average of 58 providing solid base at 3.

Last but not the least, Aubrey Faulkner is arguably among the top 5 all-rounders in history and they will all be ably led by Douglas Jardine who can conjure strategies to defeat the greatest of the greats.

The team has good left-right combinations, all-round bowling variety, representation from 7 test countries, decent number of ATGs and a team to succeed in all conditions.

The addicts

1. Glenn Turner
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Duleepsinghji
4. Steve Smith (vc)
5. Douglas Jardine (c)
6. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
7. Aubrey Faulkner (5)
8. Hedley Verity (4)
9. Malcolm Marshall (1)
10. Alec Bedser (3)
11. Jeff Thomson (2)
Bedser and Thomson aren't ATG bowlers and Faulkner's bowling alone doesn't make him an ATG
Great team though

shortpitched713

International Captain
You are not supposed to vote for yourself
For real? Per HB's teams analysis post, it looks like he has. It looks like a secret poll, but is there a way to check whose voting for who, and confirm that no one has voted for themselves? If so, I have no problem changing my vote.

@CricAddict , let me know what's up. Because if we have both an honor system, and a completely secret ballot, which you can't check, then we do have a bit of a hole in the voting system, lol. :laugh:

srbhkshk

International Captain
For real? Per HB's teams analysis post, it looks like he has. It looks like a secret poll, but is there a way to check whose voting for who, and confirm that no one has voted for themselves? If so, I have no problem changing my vote.

@CricAddict , let me know what's up. Because if we have both an honor system, and a completely secret ballot, which you can't check, then we do have a bit of a hole in the voting system, lol. :laugh:
afaik it's always been a bit of an optional system to not vote for your own team but it's never been enforced in any way and while some people might frown a little it's perfectly fine to vote for your own team. Personally I don't vote for my own team (not that it matters because I get absolutely destroyed in most drafts anyway) but it's not that big of a deal imo especially in this voting where people are still selecting 5 other teams anyway.

shortpitched713

International Captain
afaik it's always been a bit of an optional system to not vote for your own team but it's never been enforced in any way and while some people might frown a little it's perfectly fine to vote for your own team. Personally I don't vote for my own team (not that it matters because I get absolutely destroyed in most drafts anyway) but it's not that big of a deal imo especially in this voting where people are still selecting 5 other teams anyway.
Yeah, I didn't vote for myself in the last draft I joined, as we were only allowed 2 votes, but it was a public vote, so no one else did either. This time around we've got a secret ballot, and 5 other votes, so might as well, hey. :laugh:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

It is completely upto you. I am honoring the code and not voting for myself but won't judge anyone who does so.

Like we usually say, drafts are more about playing than winning. ?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Looks like there are some clear front-runners now. I'll pitch for @kingkallis's team CricZO XI, and would give it more than 1 vote, if I could.

I think it's remarkable how well he planned out, and made a team with such balanced and effective contributors in all cricketing aspects top to bottom, and this in in spite of having missed out on drafting along with the rest of us in the first round. Bravo sir, and in my own book, you would be the winner for this draft. :thumbsup: