• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dennis Lillee vs Imran Khan

Who was the greater bowler?

• Dennis Lillee

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Imran Khan

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
So it seems from what I can tell of the myriad polls going around that CW, collectively, rates:

Marshall over McGrath
McGrath over Hadlee
Hadlee over Ambrose
Steyn over Imran
Imran over Lillee
Lillee over Wasim
Donald over Garner
Holding over Roberts
Waqar somewhere around Garner and Holding

Obviously there are a couple of links in the chain missing (Ambrose v Steyn / Wasim v Donald, which I am sure are coming), and the Holding v Garner v Waqar discussion didn’t actually have a poll attached to judge. But that seems to be where we stand right now.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So it seems from what I can tell of the myriad polls going around that CW, collectively, rates:

Marshall over McGrath
McGrath over Hadlee
Hadlee over Ambrose
Steyn over Imran
Imran over Lillee
Lillee over Wasim
Donald over Garner
Holding over Roberts

Obviously there are a couple of links in the chain missing (Ambrose v Steyn / Wasim v Donald, which I am sure are coming), and the Holding v Garner v Waqar discussion didn’t actually have a poll attached to judge. But that seems to be where we stand right now.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant

Marshall over McGrath
McGrath over Hadlee
Hadlee over Ambrose
Steyn over Imran
Imran over Lillee
Lillee over Wasim
Donald over Garner
Holding over Roberts

Heres a Steyn vs Ambrose poll(rip Wasim) from a few years ago where it seems as close as Hadlee vs Mcgrath, but Steyn came out on top:

I'm really interested in Garner vs Holding tho. I feel wasim vs Donald would kinda one sided like imran vs steyn, so not sure whether it's worth doing that one? Kinda interested where Trueman fits in around the 6-10 range on CW

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Don't expect Wasim vs Donald to be one sided at all tbh. Imran/Steyn is different because Steyn is rated in the top 5 of almost everyone.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant
Hadlee also came over steyn in a poll and Donald over holding. So I think on CW its marshall>mcgrath>hadlee>steyn>ambrose>imran>lillee>trueman/wasim/Donald>garner/holding>waqar