• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate thread for 2024 Ranking of batsmen poll

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that the bowlers' poll is almost done, the whole of CW is eagerly waiting for L&L to kick-start the poll for batsmen. Meanwhile, let me start this by-product of the poll thread too.

The poor bowlers are getting smashed from bazball, advent of T20 etc. Let us at least give them their thread without getting that thread dominated by batsmen talk too. We can discuss about the batsmen here instead of the bowlers' thread.

Looking forward to healthy discussions as well as unhealthy ones which obviously are more interesting.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
With the Poll for bowlers ending today, I'll start the batsmen Poll tomorrow,
I'm thinking of automatically ranking Bradman at # 1 and start voting for spots 2-4. My thinking being that the Don would be almost everyone's first pick and we would be narrowing voting to just 2 spots.
Any objections or thoughts on this?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm thinking of automatically ranking Bradman at # 1 and start voting for spots 2-4. My thinking being that the Don would be almost everyone's first pick and we would be narrowing voting to just 2 spots.
We might have couple of meme votes not ranking him at 1 but otherwise, he will be at 1 for everyone. So, it's fair enough that we start from 2nd.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Similar to ranking of spinners vis-a-vis pacers, it will be interesting to watch the ranking of openers vs the middle order batsmen. I for one do usually like to grant some bonus points for openers.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't matter either way, but wouldn't it be interesting to have the first round at 4 to accommodate that but still include him?

Serves the same purpose and we get to have an unanimous vote.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
This is probably the way to go but half of me wants to see which of Tendulkar, Sobers and Hobbs doesn't make it and how they then do in the 4th/5th/6th battle.