• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

Why is Got_Spin worried about Dhoni's fine is beyond me. Was he also worried about Mcgrath not getting fine. Was he also worried about disrespect towards Indian captain.

Tendulkar batted with greater abandon than at Adelaide and Melbourne, hitting eight fours in 45 from 53 balls. His dismissal was the climax of a rousing duel with McGrath, who, having been hooked, pulled and driven earlier in the over, sent Tendulkar on his way with an ill-tempered verbal assault. Yet it brought him no more than a mild censure from referee Madugalle, a distinct contrast to the punishment imposed on Venkatesh Prasad in the previous Test.

Wisden - Australia v India, 1999-2000

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Some absolutely dire, rubbish posting from GIMH and Got_Spin of late.

The amount of jealousy is so blatantly obvious. GIMH, I understand your team will never win a WC and the fans will continue to pretend as if they dont care about ODI success but really bud, just relax. This doesn't mean you come into every India thread and cry about UDRS, throw tantrums over every BCCI move. It's getting extremely tiring. Just relax bro. :p
This.

Got_Spin basically only does anti - India posting these days.
Basically support everyone playing against Us. Is incredibly funny.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ok this is what occured at the press conference.

First Dhoni was asked a few questions about UDRS ,which the media manager blocked.

Then after a few questions he was asked what did he make of the poor umpiring and the wrong decisions in this match?

And he responded -

You know I can only say, if the correct decisions were made, the game would have finished much earlier and I would have been in the hotel by now.

Lot of hoohah about a honest assesment. Neither does he say decisions against India ,nor does he single anyone out.
Meh!!

As i said previously umpires like Simon Taufel have openly admitted to mistakes themselves.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Also, Ponting didn't oppose a system that would improve the situation.
So if A decision is made that is wrong but can't be overturned due to conclusive proof ,Ponting can go and point fingers at the umpire and call him rubbish while Dhoni can't just say after the match that some wrong decisions were made (without pointing someone out or a decision)? :wacko:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ok this is what occured at the press conference.

First Dhoni was asked a few questions about UDRS ,which the media manager blocked.

Then after a few questions he was asked what did he make of the poor umpiring and the wrong decisions in this match?

And he responded -

You know I can only say, if the correct decisions were made, the game would have finished much earlier and I would have been in the hotel by now.

Lot of hoohah about a honest assesment. Neither does he say decisions against India ,nor does he single anyone out.
Meh!!

As i said previously umpires like Simon Taufel have openly admitted to mistakes themselves.
Think it's pretty obvious to everyone what he actually meant.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So if A decision is made that is wrong but can't be overturned due to conclusive proof ,Ponting can go and point fingers at the umpire and call him rubbish while Dhoni can't just say after the match that some wrong decisions were made (without pointing someone out or a decision)? :wacko:
As far as I'm concerned, Dhoni's position is that he wants poor umpiring decisions. I'm sure he doesn't see it like that at all, but I do, so I have no sympathy for him when it disadvantages his team and I'm particularly grated if he complains.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What did he mean according to you?
1. Criticism of the umpires performances
2 The West Indies are pushovers and the only reason the match was (semi) competitive was because of umpiring decisions against India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
1. Criticism of the umpires performances
He said a few wrong decisions were made. What is wrong with saying this when it is the truth?

As i said like Taufel umpires have previously admitted to errors themselves.

2 The West Indies are pushovers and the only reason the match was (semi) competitive was because of umpiring decisions against India
You are imagining this tbh.

He just said that in such a way to avoid pointing someone out or a decision.

In his other comments he said clearly that it was a close match and admitted India were in real trouble twice in the match.

shivfan

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, Dhoni's position is that he wants poor umpiring decisions. I'm sure he doesn't see it like that at all, but I do, so I have no sympathy for him when it disadvantages his team and I'm particularly grated if he complains.
I totally agree....

If you oppose the use of UDRS, then it's a bit rich to turn around and complain about the umpiring of Daryl Harper.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
1) Just because CA implemented UDRS does not mean Ponting can do whatever he wants though and doesn't justify his aggresive actions.

2) Even with the UDRS there is a large reliance on the umpires and the third umpire. Like the Ian bell dismissal at the world cup or how the English were upset in South Africa with MR. Harper himself IIRC.

South Africa v England: Daryl Harper says he is 'scapegoat' over TV referral - Telegraph

South Africa v England: ICC to investigate umpire review system as controversy rages - Telegraph

South Africa v England: England cry foul over Graeme Smith reprieve - Telegraph

Wonder what GIMH ,Gotspin's,Marc's views were on this controversy and The England team in unison criticising him ,and also the Chairman of the ECB.

In fact Giles Clarke claimed this-

“It’s absurd without Hot Spot,” said Clarke on Saturday. “How on earth can you have a caught-behind overturned? Until the technology is applied correctly we are better off with the old system, because at least if the umpire is as deaf as a post and as blind as a bat it’s the same for both sides.”

Wonder who was he calling Deaf and Blind?:@
Dhoni did nothing compared,tbh.

3)There is no certainty that the decisions would have been overturned at all with the UDRS specially 3 out of the 6 due to there being inconclusive proof.
As was the case with Raina's dismissal this test where there was no proof conclusive enough either way ,or with Bravo but both seemed upset.

Then there is also the case of the wrong replay shown to give Dhoni out showing a wrong no ball? Would you say that Dhoni not supporting UDRS should not criticise that as well?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
You are imagining this tbh.

He just said that in such a way to avoid pointing someone out or a decision.

In his other comments he said clearly that it was a close match and admitted India were in real trouble twice in the match.
If you say "if not for the umpires we would have won long ago" that sort of is the implication tbh.