• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No cricketer should be making those comments.

Anyone who thinks a player from another team wouldn't have been penalised is kidding themselves.

Another case of India doing whatever the **** they want. And this is why I will even support Australia over them this coming winter. ****s.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Anyone who thinks a player from another team wouldn't have been penalised is kidding themselves.

Another case of India doing whatever the **** they want. And this is why I will even support Australia over them this coming winter. ****s.
Bet they're gutted about that. :ph34r:

hang on

State Vice-Captain

bang on with the first sentence, gimh.

however, other players from other teams also get away with a lot of crap. remember the first ashes test and ponting having words with dar. in fact told dar to his face that it was piss weak umpiring, if i remember correctly. i might be wrong but i don't think he was penalised for it. perhaps it is the case of the appearance of double standards that prevented the match ref from taking any action in dhoni's case. if it happens again, since dhoni has previous, then perhaps action will be taken. just sayin'...

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon there's a difference between getting a little heated on the field in the moment and spraying both the umpire and the Windies through the media.

Was poor from Ponting though of course

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Some absolutely dire, rubbish posting from GIMH and Got_Spin of late.

The amount of jealousy is so blatantly obvious. GIMH, I understand your team will never win a WC and the fans will continue to pretend as if they dont care about ODI success but really bud, just relax. This doesn't mean you come into every India thread and cry about UDRS, throw tantrums over every BCCI move. It's getting extremely tiring. Just relax bro. :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah both are poor but Pontings is the lesser evil because I think it's more understandable, though not condonable, to vent on the field sometimes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We should pool our resourses and form an Anglosphere Test team, only to be used whenever England, Australia or New Zealand are due to play India. The enemy of my enemy is my friend etc etc. :ph34r:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
we'll have to agree to disagree on that, gotspin. openly and aggressively questioning the umps decision-making on the field, for me, ranks up there with calculated post match barbs.

hope dhoni will not come up with such crap statements in future.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
we'll have to agree to disagree on that, gotspin. openly and aggressively questioning the umps decision-making on the field, for me, ranks up there with calculated post match barbs.

hope dhoni will not come up with such crap statements in future.
Yeah fair enough, I can understand your view but I think it's also incredibly offensive and patronising to the Windies as well. Something Ponting didn't include

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definitely a massive win for New Zealand, who could be represented by and support a team without having to supply any of its substandard players to it. It'd get the ICC ranking points Anglosphere gained as well for the "New Zealand" series win.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely a massive win for New Zealand, who could be represented by and support a team without having to supply any of its substandard players to it. It'd get the ICC ranking points Anglosphere gained as well for the "New Zealand" series win.
:lol: