• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of WicketKeeper-Batsmen (Tests)

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
My Jock Cameron campaign seems to be floundering, so I'll for for Mr. Dujon. Best keeper to pace I've ever seen. And yes, he didn't have the greatest of techniques, but he was spectacular with the gloves and reliable with the bat

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
There was an interesting chat involving Matt Prior during the commentary on talkSPORT 2 yesterday. He was asked what he thought of the Windies keeper and wasn’t overly complimentary, but added that he himself wasn’t a good keeper when he was first selected and it took him a couple of years of learning his trade in the Test arena before he got up to a decent standard. I would contend that he never got up to a decent standard, but it was interesting to hear him say that.
The likes of Flower, Stewart and Prior should be in a separate “Batsman who were tossed the gloves” thread.:tooth:
Don't think Prior was ever a batsman in the way that Stewart and Flower were - he was picked as wicket-keeper for Sussex from his first FC season.

gftw

U19 12th Man
Waite - 6
Engineer - 1
Dujon - 1
Dhoni - 1
Oldfield - 1

The List
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Alan Knott
3. BJ Watling
4. Les Ames
5. Ian Healy
6. John Waite

The vote for the #7 test wicketkeeper-batsmen of all-time begins now.

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
Farokh Engineer.

Cracked the fastest ton in Test history (46 balls) - possibly.

Last edited: