• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of WicketKeeper-Batsmen (Tests)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
No votes for some time, so the tally is clear:

Tallon 1
Lindasay 1
Dujon 1
Boucher 1
Enginer 3
Marsh 1

I believe we can declare Engineer the next name on our list.

The List
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Alan Knott
3. BJ Watling
4. Les Ames
5. Ian Healy
6. John Waite
7. MS Dhoni
8. Farokh Engineer

It's tricky balancing keeping skills and batting ability when voting but we are now open for the 9th spot.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanga, Marsh, QDK, Flower, De Villiers, Boucher, Dujon, Pant, Mccullum, Haddin, Parore , Kirmani, More, Mongia, Saha, Kalu, Prasanna, Dick, Moin Khan, Latif, Rizwan, Sarfaraz, Walcott, Kanhai, Jacobs, Ramdin, Murray, Stewart, Evans, Prior, Russell, Bairstow, Dave Richardson, Brendan Taylor, Taibu, Rahim, Litton

Just made a shortlist for myself to choose from.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sangakkara for me

oh no it's begun
I don't think we need to compare every keeper to Gilchrist. That is like comparing every batsman to Bradman. Andy Flower while not being exceptional was a very dependable keeper. I have seen his keeping most of his career and haven't ever seen him as a poor keeper or anything.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanga, Marsh, QDK, Flower, De Villiers, Boucher, Dujon, Pant, Mccullum, Haddin, Parore , Kirmani, More, Mongia, Saha, Kalu, Prasanna, Dick, Moin Khan, Latif, Rizwan, Sarfaraz, Walcott, Kanhai, Jacobs, Ramdin, Murray, Steward, Evans, Prior, Russell, Bairstow, Dave Richardson, Brendan Taylor, Taibu, Rahim, Litton

Just made a shortlist for myself to choose from.
What are his credentials?