• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of All-Rounders (Tests)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Is this the Ben Stokes with the inferior batting average, fewer 5fers no 10fers and almost identical bowling average? Or is there another vastly superior being lurking somewhere? :tooth:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Is this the Ben Stokes with the inferior batting average, fewer 5fers no 10fers and almost identical bowling average? Or is there another vastly superior being lurking somewhere? :tooth:
Well Ben Stokes has an inferior batting average to the great Colin De Grandhomme, and a slightly better bowling average despite CDG having a 6-fer and being a better bowler (and having to compete within a much better attack). Poor Colin, however, is yet to receive a measly vote yet.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Why no votes for Mike Procter?

7 tests is almost double what Barry Richards played, so should be eligible. He's better than the other options. Otherwise Wally Hammond.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I'm late to this thread - would have had Goddard, Gregory, Greig, Procter & Mushtaq ahead of Stokes.

Goddard my vote for the next one.

gftw

U19 12th Man
Mushtaq - 2
Noble - 5
Hammond - 1
Mankad - 3
Proctor - 1
Rhodes - 1
Cairns - 1
Goddard - 1

The List
1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Keith Miller
5. Ian Botham
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Kapil Dev
8. Aubrey Faulkner
9. Richard Hadlee
10. Shaun Pollock
11. Ravindra Jadeja
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble

The vote for the #14 test all-rounder of all-time begins now.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Mushtaq - 2
Noble - 5
Hammond - 1
Mankad - 3
Proctor - 1
Rhodes - 1
Cairns - 1
Goddard - 1

The List
1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Keith Miller
5. Ian Botham
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Kapil Dev
8. Aubrey Faulkner
9. Richard Hadlee
10. Shaun Pollock
11. Ravindra Jadeja
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble

The vote for the #14 test all-rounder of all-time begins now.
Where are the votes for Greig. He had at least 2

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Why Mankad above Goddard? They seem to be extremely.comparable players, but Goddard's record is better than Mankad's in a bunch of ways.

Goddard above Greig comfortably. An opener averaging 34 is close to as good as a middle order bat averaging 40, and a higher WPM bowler averaging 26 is way ahead of one averaging 32. Nearly triple the career length would means I'd vote Goddard in even if I thought Greig's playing time was a fair bit better.

Last edited: