• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of All-Rounders (Tests)

gftw

U19 12th Man
This list will combine both batting all rounders and bowling all rounders. With this list, it is up to you decide who you consider an all rounder and how much value you put on each batting and bowling.

The vote for the #1 test all-rounder of all-time begins now.

subshakerz

International Coach
I like that you are not specifying the criteria for allrounder selection and basing it on individual assessment.

To be clear, I am opting for all-rounders based on their overall value to the side rather than on how balanced they are in the separate individual disciplines. So my preference would be for those who are ATG or near level in at least one discipline and then add to it with their other skills.

This way there doesnt have to be a distinction between their ranking as pure allrounders versus their ranking as overall cricketers which can get confusing.

Last edited:

gftw

U19 12th Man
Sobers - 10
Grace - 1
Mascarenhas - 1
Proctor - 1
Miller - 1
Imran - 1

The List
1. Garry Sobers

The vote for the #2 test all-rounder of all-time begins now.