• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of All-Rounders (Tests)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say

Ashwin, Barlow, Gregory, Reid, Hammond, Vettori, De Grandhomme, Flintoff, Holder, Oram should be the next 10.

So Ashwin

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
This is a great discussion. I disagree with quite a few of the rankings but great to see rationale.

This is what the list would look like if voted for by me and then I will add in my vote for the CW list.

Here goes:

1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Ian Botham
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Kapil Dev
7. Keith Miller
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Wasim Akram
10. Andrew Flintoff
11. Aubrey Faulkner
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble
14. Tony Greig
15. Shakid Al Hasan
16. Chris Cairns
17. Trevor Goddard
18. Ravindra Jadeja

Considering Flintoff is not on the list yet (Remarkable that Cairns and Goaddard can make it on though), so my vote for 19 is Mr Flintoff.

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
This is a great discussion. I disagree with quite a few of the rankings but great to see rationale.

This is what the list would look like if voted for by me and then I will add in my vote for the CW list.

Here goes:

1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Ian Botham
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Kapil Dev
7. Keith Miller
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Wasim Akram
10. Andrew Flintoff
11. Aubrey Faulkner
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble
14. Tony Greig
15. Shakid Al Hasan
16. Chris Cairns
17. Trevor Goddard
18. Ravindra Jadeja

Considering Flintoff is not on the list yet (Remarkable that Cairns and Goaddard can make it on though), so my vote for 19 is Mr Flintoff.
Good post but Miller at 7 is too low Imo.Akram can’t be considered AR.If he is in there then there are lot of great players that should have been in there.

_00_deathscar

International Regular

Here goes:

1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Ian Botham
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Kapil Dev
7. Keith Miller
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Wasim Akram
10. Andrew Flintoff
11. Aubrey Faulkner
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble
14. Tony Greig
15. Shakid Al Hasan
16. Chris Cairns
17. Trevor Goddard
18. Ravindra Jadeja

You seem to have misplaced Jadeja at 18 instead of at 1.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The really ATG all-rounders who excelled in both disciplines are pretty scarce now ... unless we look at much earlier eras.
I'll stick with Flintoff in the meantime.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Good post but Miller at 7 is too low Imo.Akram can’t be considered AR.If he is in there then there are lot of great players that should have been in there.
Test double century under his belt and a batting average in the 20s isn't bad. He was a lower order slugger who could play better innings if it was needed of him, certainly an all rounder, considering some of the names that are being picked.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Here goes:

1. Garry Sobers
2. Imran Khan
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Ian Botham
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Kapil Dev
7. Keith Miller
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Wasim Akram
10. Andrew Flintoff
11. Aubrey Faulkner
12. Ben Stokes
13. Monty Noble
14. Tony Greig
15. Shakid Al Hasan
16. Chris Cairns
17. Trevor Goddard
18. Ravindra Jadeja

You can't put Shakib at 15. He's an ATG. I'm a Kiwi and think Shakib is higher than Hadlee as an AR (obviously much lower as a cricketer).

Wasim is not an all rounder. Flintoff should be somewhere in the mid 20s. Jadeja is way too low.

Last edited: