• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPL Teams

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed, already getting tedious.

If people are worried about injuries they shouldn't pick players who've been retired god knows how many years.
Assuming we play 30 matches each (2 against each team home and away) ,think even with regular injuries 16 players should be a bit less.

Retired players or not ,though i agree on retired players.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If we're just using injuries generated by ITC, then they shouldn't pose a problem unless you've drafted a really unbalanced squad/have been exceptionally unlucky. I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a player misses more than 3 games through injury.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Spark can clarify what he will use for injuries,i guess.

But how much is the density of these injuries?
Because even if players are injured for 3 matches or less regularly together then it could be a problem.

Spark

Global Moderator
Spark can clarify what he will use for injuries,i guess.

But how much is the density of these injuries?
Because even if players are injured for 3 matches or less regularly together then it could be a problem.
Probably just use the ITC injuries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We drafted 18 players on CPL, but a lot of people treated the last two picks as a bit of a joke and took random favourites who had no right being anywhere near the thing, and then played them in the trials. It also dragged a bit near the end, so I think 16's a better number unless you're using my harsh injury sim.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How about a compromise - 16

But then halfway through the season we have a draft window where we can draft two new players?

Or would that screw up the database/be too annoying?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It would be too annoying.

I really don't see why we need more than a squad of 16. It's worked fine any time I've run a simming league on other forums, the draft's getting tedious enough as it is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Stick at 16 - even that's pushing the boundary of necessity.

If we use ITC's injury sim I assume it'll end up meaning that long retired players aren't going to be penalised so much?