• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Test Rankings - Updated Jan 2012

no1

Cricket Spectator
no

the ozzys can stay on top if they beat nz but they wont we all know so
what ozzy be the :p but we got the brains

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Latest Update - Bdesh-Ind, SA-Eng, Aus-Pak, SA-Zim, NZ-Aus, Ind-Pak, Bd-Zim

Apologies about the chronic delay, but very few changes all round as results go to expectations!

Home Rankings
1 Australia 1257
2 South Africa 1115
3 India 1001
4 England 1000
5 New Zealand 881
6 Sri Lanka 785
7 West Indies 726
8 Pakistan 631
9 Zimbabwe 366
10 Bangladesh 48

Away Rankings
1 Australia 2078
2 England 1111
3 Pakistan 1022
4 India 894
5 New Zealand 809
6 South Africa 795
7 Sri Lanka 666
8 West Indies 233
9 Zimbabwe 185
10 Bangladesh 116

Overall Rankings
1 Australia 1616
2 England 1059
3 South Africa 955
4 India 945
5 New Zealand 845
6 Pakistan 826
7 Sri Lanka 729
8 West Indies 479
9 Zimbabwe 270
10 Bangladesh 82

EDIT - Rectified order issues...

Last edited:

psxpro

Banned
Are these your own rankings? I'm a hardout NZ supporter but Even I don't think we deserve to be at no5 in the test rankings. We lost against pakistan and that at home as well.
So I thinkw e should be lower and probsbly lower than srilanka too (even though I think with a fit team we'd beat them both and india as well)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wow, that's a turn-up, someone thinking their team is rated too highly! ;)

I think the system they use is a very fair one for both this and the OD rankings, but I wouldn't pretend to understand it exactly!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I am forced to agree. I agree with the rankings aside from New Zealand who I think should be 7th, pushing Pakistan and Sri Lanka up a spot. I can't see New Zealand drawing with India in India, and Pakistan beat New Zealand in New Zealand anyway.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I disagree with both the test and ODI cricketweb ratings.

I think NZ should be 2nd in ODI's still (even though they lost to Aust)

and...

7th in tests.

Cricket web has both their rankings at 5, which is crazy when you consider NZ is a much better ODI side than Test side at the moment and certainly in the last 18 months

Swervy

International Captain
zinzan12 said:
I disagree with both the test and ODI cricketweb ratings.

I think NZ should be 2nd in ODI's still (even though they lost to Aust)

and...

7th in tests.

Cricket web has both their rankings at 5, which is crazy when you consider NZ is a much better ODI side than Test side at the moment and certainly in the last 18 months
you should be adding your thoughts to the '2nd best' thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah I am forced to agree. I agree with the rankings aside from New Zealand who I think should be 7th, pushing Pakistan and Sri Lanka up a spot. I can't see New Zealand drawing with India in India, and Pakistan beat New Zealand in New Zealand anyway.
New Zealand drew with India in India last year, didn't they?

Plus, Sri Lanka really aren't much cop at the longer form... NZ should see them off, easily.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
These rankings go back further than 18 months,

psxpro

Banned
While we may have the ability to be 5th I can't see how you put NZ at 5. We haven't beaten anyone but bangladesh.
Sure, we did do brilliantly in India and srilanka and imo with a full strength team could do so again but we got beaten at home by pakistan and lost 3-0 england and 2-0 and 2-0 to Aus.

So based on that we are 7th.

And why are we 5th in odi's? We are clearly no2 imo.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
NZ's points breakdown:

Home
54 v Aus
29 v Bdesh
111 v Eng
184 v Ind
55 v Pak
91 v SA
133 v SL
91 v WI
44 v Zim

Away
43 v Bdesh
128 v Ind
104 v Pak
53 v SA
128 v SL
160 v WI
113 v Zim

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
After New Zealand miss out on the whitewash that would have maintained the status quo, they slip back fractionally and Sri Lanka progress a little.

1 Australia 1616
2 England 1062
3 South Africa 959
4 India 948
5 New Zealand 831
6 Pakistan 825
7 Sri Lanka 769
8 West Indies 485
9 Zimbabwe 270
10 Bangladesh 82