• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

cpr

International Coach
Aye, seem to be performing well when i've been given a start, i've got a handy reputation for assists at the mo. Quite stoked to get MoM, but y'know, one good game doesnt make you world class, need to consistantly prove i'm worth a starting berth.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Er, Goughy, does age make the slightest difference anymore? Gelman and me both made 5 key passes, and ended up with 250 points.

What's the point of signing up younger if you don't develop faster?
Age usually only makes a difference after the match through training. But it doesn't seem to make any difference at all this season. I think it is come down to how you set your ratings or something.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Age usually only makes a difference after the match through training. But it doesn't seem to make any difference at all this season. I think it is come down to how you set your ratings or something.
Nah, there's an inbuilt multiplier system, in the league.dat file, which lets younger players get more points. It goes something like this:

18 = 1.8
19 = 1.5
20 = 1.3
21 = 1.1
22 = 1.0
23 = 1.0
24 = 1.0
35 = 0.1

So basically, if both Gelman and me get 250 points through five key passes, I should be getting 250 x 1.5 = 375 points, whereas Gelman should get 25 x 1.1 = 275 points.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, there's an inbuilt multiplier system, in the league.dat file, which lets younger players get more points. It goes something like this:

18 = 1.8
19 = 1.5
20 = 1.3
21 = 1.1
22 = 1.0
23 = 1.0
24 = 1.0
35 = 0.1

So basically, if both Gelman and me get 250 points through five key passes, I should be getting 250 x 1.5 = 375 points, whereas Gelman should get 25 x 1.1 = 275 points.
You can edit that or take it out, which looks like what has happened.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Where? and if there is it was not applied during Season 1 either.

The Season 1 advance system was the same as used in the pre-season for Season 2 and it was decided that that didnt work well. That was based on stats not age.

Young players advance and gain through training and end of season pregression which older players do not.

If such a thing exists, as Im not familiar with it and it isnt in the readme and has not been applied previously, I would certainly look at the possibility of introducing something along those lines.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Where? and if there is it was not applied during Season 1 either.

The Season 1 advance system was the same as used in the pre-season for Season 2 and it was decided that that didnt work well. That was based on stats not age.

Young players advance and gain through training and end of season pregression which older players do not.

If such a thing exists, as Im not familiar with it and it isnt in the readme and has not been applied previously, I would certainly look at the possibility of introducing something along those lines.
I'm pretty sure Blewy took it out, as it wasn't working properly or something.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another frustrating game on a personal and team level. Should be winning against teams like that. And I should be scoring when I get that many looks. Hating Kyle right now.

See what I did there?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Poor showing from the Fury, dissappointing. Well played Chris (again), for our goal, seem to be the only person who can score for us atm.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys,

Im going to the UK on Monday for a week to have knee surgery.

If I can get all teamsheets in ASAP then I can sim Round 12 before leaving.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
All the best with the knee surgery, Goughy.

One of my better performances in the last game. Need to start stringing together some results though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is Mitchell running this again? :p
Power only team to have sent a teamsheet in over the last couple of weeks. Ill add the rosters from the last round for the teams that currently have not had it included and push for sheets in the next day or 2.