• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW decides another one, the greatest All-Rounder ever. 32 players, Nomination thread!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imran
Hadlee
Sobers
Botham
Miller
Kallis
Procter
Mankad
Flintoff
Grace
Kapil
Wilfred Rhodes
S Pollock
Chris Cairns
Dan Vettori
Klusener
Greig
Wasim
Shane Watson
Heath Streak
Shakib Al Hasan
Aubrey Faulkner
Clive Rice
Gilbert Jessop
Sanath Jayasuriya
Learie Constantine
Shahid Afridi
Monty Noble
Armstrong
Goddard
Mustaq Mohammad
Richie Benaud
Hammond
Ashwin
Bravo
Oram
Ryan ten Doeschate
Steve Tikolo
Angelo Mathews
Hafeez
Duminy
Maurice Tate
Alec Bedser
Ekanth Solkar
Symonds
Harper
Razzaq
Azhar Mahmood
Neil Johnson
Frank Woolley
George Giffen
John Reid
Frank Foster
Davidson
Trevor Bailey
Gubby
Steve Waugh
Chris Harris
Chaminda Vaas

59 in, 5 more to go. Choose carefully

mr_mister

i'm kinda iffy on Roger Harper... out of these modern west indies All rounders who is the most deserving, and are any deserving?

Harper
Arthurton
Simmons
Gayle
Sammy
Pollard
Russell
Holder

mr_mister

haha, it was a half-joke. Yeah Hooper is a good choice.

Surely Astle in before McMillian right?

jaideep

U19 12th Man
i'm kinda iffy on Roger Harper... out of these modern west indies All rounders who is the most deserving, and are any deserving?

Harper
Arthurton
Simmons
Gayle
Sammy
Pollard
Russell
Holder
Frank Worell,Gayle,Hooper and Brian McMillan.

mr_mister

i think i just really like his name

Does Bev deserve a shot if its being expanded to 64?

What about Malcolm Marshall, Johnson and Warne?

mr_mister

i think we're catering way more to batsmen who occasionally tossed down a few offies than the frontline bowlers who were solid batsmen

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
According to Ian Botham Mike Brearley told him before the start of the Pakistan Tour in 1977/78 that he considered Chris Old to be the number 1 all-rounder in the party.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
it's funny I feel Vettori's bowling will let him down more than his batting when the voting starts
His general meh-ness will be the biggest problem.

Then again, as the original 32 which was already difficult enough to reach without including lots of meh is being extended to 64 then there's scope for pretty much anyone who once took a wicket it seems.

Last edited: